Account Director, Client Experience
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Account Director, Client Experience, Healthcare
We are seeking a strong Account Director to join our Healthcare Practice in Chicago. As a Director, you will be responsible for managing client and inter-agency relationships, playing a critical role in determining the future and long-term success of our Health practice.
You will be responsible for all aspects of a client relationship and account team. You will supervise major pieces of business with multiple work streams and team members. Other responsibilities include recommending programs and activities, coordinating with clients’ goals, effectively delegating projects, offering counsel to team members, and allocating agency resources to match client budgets.
In this role, you will be working on programs involving unbranded and branded campaigns, data and regulatory milestones, patient storytelling, executive thought leadership, internal communications, and integrated media strategies to drive disease education and brand awareness as well as value proposition narratives for pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and health association clients and prospects. We're looking for someone with an equal passion for communications and healthcare. Who understand product portfolios and pipelines as much as communications. This individual must be an excellent people leader, client counselor and will roll up their sleeves and stay close to the work.
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Day-to-day client support and counsel
- Driving communications support around campaigns
- Working across internal specialists including media, digital and creative
- Working with senior counselors on strategy
- Understand broad healthcare landscape, trends and general issues facing the industry
- Mentor, coach and support team members ensuring constant development of their skills
- Maintain financial responsibility for accounts
- Effectively manage team utilization and maintain financial responsibility for accounts
What We Are Looking For
- Can turn ideas into workable plans
- Capacity to convey ownership of assigned projects to junior team members
- Can solve conflicts
- Can mobilize and motivate teams
- Can work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent oral and written business communication skills
- Can complete challenging projects within set parameters
- Exceptional judgment when working with team members, client contacts and vendors
- Commitment and dedication to the agency's success as well as individual career
- Can anticipate client and team needs
- Attention to detail and quality
- Instills confidence with clients and colleagues
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations or related field
- At least 7 years’ PR/communications experience, preferably with corporate experience and/or healthcare experience
About Weber Shandwick
Weber Shandwick is a leading global communications network that delivers next-generation solutions to brands, businesses and organizations in major markets around the world. Led by world-class strategic and creative thinkers and activators, we have won some of the most prestigious awards in the industry. Weber Shandwick was named to Ad Age’s Agency A-List in 2020 and Best Places to Work in 2019. Weber Shandwick was also honored as PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018, and PRovoke’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2017 and 2019. The firm earned 25 Lions at the 2019 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity. Data-led, with earned ideas at the core, the agency deploys leading and emerging technologies to inform strategy, develop critical insights and heighten impact across sectors and specialty areas, including brand and B2B marketing, healthcare marketing, change management, employee engagement, corporate reputation, crisis management, data and analytics, technology, public affairs, social impact and financial communications. Weber Shandwick is part of the Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG). For more information, visit http://www.webershandwick.com
Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and, if hired, present proof of vaccination prior to start date, unless eligible for a medical or religious accommodation or other accommodation required under applicable law.
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
The Weber Shandwick Collective recognizes that your health and wellbeing are a priority. This is why we offer a full suite of benefits including:
- 401k (with employer match)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Juice Money – $60 monthly reimbursement to be used towards purchases that nourish your health, mind, body, and soul
- MyDays – Flexible holiday schedules
- Short-Term Disability
- Paid Employee Family Leave
- Family Building Benefit
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
Other opportunities at Weber Shandwick
Interested in careers at Weber Shandwick but didn’t see a job listed that is right for you? Click the associated link based on your location to submit an application to our Canada, China, Hong Kong, United States and United Kingdom offices. For other locations, please check back as we continue to add new opportunities.