Business Development Manager, EMEA
London, England, United Kingdom
We are excited to announce we are looking for a Business Development Manager to join the EMEA team, leading on business development across the EMEA region.
This is an important role to help drive the new business efforts across the region, ensuring greater collaboration and shared best practice. A key contribution will be helping drive dynamic revenue growth by building consideration with UK and EMEA-based and headquartered brands.
You will be reporting into the EVP Marketing and Communications EMEA and working closely with Business Development and Marketing Teams across the region.
What will you be doing?
- Support the new business strategy across key EMEA markets, delivering pitches and co-ordinating markets accordingly
- Oversee the co-ordination of inbound new business opportunities and manage the timely handover to practice leaders and senior staff, working with EMEA new business team where relevant
- Taking a hands-on pitch management role, where needed, for major new business opportunities (proactive and in-bound)
- Collaborate with EMEA Marketing & new business teams to understand what works in local markets and join up the team for best practice sharing sessions
- Work with marketing team to effectively leverage marketing assets (hospitality/events) to ensure strong business building relationship management with strategic prospects.
- Ensure strong and productive new business development relationships with IPG, McCann WorldGroup and CMG
- Maintaining relationships across the relevant stakeholders e.g. agency intermediaries etc
- Help to manage a team assistant, supporting across reporting and managing the CRM system
Ideal experience required:
- The ideal candidate will likely have solid previous experience in a business development function with an integrated communications environment and be comfortable co-ordinating markets
- Can get under the skin of the brief and boss the pitch process, keeping people to time and budget
- Always on mindset to act fast and directly when required
- Fostering relationships across the agency, IPG and prospect landscape
- Maintaining overview of the EMEA new business pipeline, proactively reporting on progress and updates (with support of team assistant)
PERKS OF THE JOB:
- 25 days holiday + 2 extra days at Christmas + 2 annual days for volunteering
- Flexible working
- Employee wellbeing perks including things like; EAP mental health support, free membership to Headspace meditation
- Discounted gym membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- Summer and Christmas company parties
- Pension scheme
- Access to health insurance
Note from the talent team:
We appreciate the time take to apply for the role and your recent interest in Weber Shandwick. We will review all applications within five working days and be in touch with those who have been shortlisted to the next stage. Unfortunately, due to volume we are not able to get back to everyone individually so if you have not heard back from us unfortunately you have not been successful on this occasion and wish you all the best in your search.
At IPG DXTRA we are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
Other opportunities at Weber Shandwick
Interested in careers at Weber Shandwick but didn’t see a job listed that is right for you? Click the associated link based on your location to submit an application to our Canada, China, Hong Kong, United States and United Kingdom offices. For other locations, please check back as we continue to add new opportunities.