Detroit, Michigan, United States
Weber Shandwick is seeking a Jr. Copywriter to join our growing creative team. The ideal candidate is a conceptual thinker and wordsmith with an artistic eye and obsession with grammar and punctuation. In this role, you’ll conceive and write copy for a variety of social platforms, presentations, integrated campaigns, PR materials and more. If you’re a consummate storyteller interested in stepping outside your comfort zone and diversifying your portfolio, we’d love to talk to you. Our office is based in Detroit, but we’re open to remote.
- Develop creative concepts and copy for a variety of media, including (but not limited to): paid and organic social posts, ads, PR materials, presentations, scripts, gifs, memes, infographics and more
- Write copy for a variety of social platforms, such as IG, TikTok, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Facebook, Twitch, Reddit, etc.
- Collaborate with art directors, designers, strategists, producers and other team members to bring ideas to life
- Translate product information and technical language into engaging customer-friendly copy
- Ability to adapt writing style and tonality to appeal to different audiences
- Edit and proofread copy for presentations and posts
- Present your own creative work to clients and teammates
- Ensure all creative adheres to brand guidelines
- Maintain strong working knowledge of product features and benefits
- Incorporate feedback from Creative Directors, teammates, clients and legal department with precision and a positive attitude
- Up to 1 year of copywriting experience in an agency or related field
- Passion for creative writing, social media and digital-first thinking
- Self-motivated, organized and deadline-driven
- Great sense of humor that translates into meme, gif and social copy
- In tune with social trends and emerging techniques for storytelling and brand expression
- Experience working in the automotive industry is preferred (not mandatory).
- Must have a portfolio (may include spec work, college work and creative writing)
- Willingness to push creative boundaries
- Able to prioritize and manage own time
- Bonus skills: content creation, community management and/or blogging
Weber Shandwick is a leading global communications network that delivers next-generation solutions to brands, businesses and organizations in major markets around the world. Led by world-class strategic and creative thinkers and activators, we have won some of the most prestigious awards in the industry. Weber Shandwick was named to Ad Age’s Agency A-List in 2020 and Best Places to Work in 2019. Weber Shandwick was also honored as PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018, and PRovoke’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2017 and 2019. The firm earned 25 Lions at the 2019 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity. Data-led, with earned ideas at the core, the agency deploys leading and emerging technologies to inform strategy, develop critical insights and heighten impact across sectors and specialty areas, including brand and B2B marketing, healthcare marketing, change management, employee engagement, corporate reputation, crisis management, data and analytics, technology, public affairs, social impact and financial communications. Weber Shandwick is part of the Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG). For more information, visit http://www.webershandwick.com
Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and, if hired, present proof of vaccination prior to start date, unless eligible for a medical or religious accommodation or other accommodation required under applicable law.
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
Other opportunities at Weber Shandwick
Interested in careers at Weber Shandwick but didn’t see a job listed that is right for you? Click the associated link based on your location to submit an application to our Canada, China, Hong Kong, United States and United Kingdom offices. For other locations, please check back as we continue to add new opportunities.