Vice President, Strategic Planning
New York, New York, United States
VP of STRATEGIC PLANNING, BRAND, New York
Love people, culture, brands, and media? You do? So do we. Come and join us.
Weber Shandwick New York is looking for a VP of Strategic Planning, Brand to join our growing team and fuel communications and creative strategies for some of the world’s biggest and best-known consumer brands. NYC residency is a plus, but not required.
About you: You are a highly collaborative, original thinker who is endlessly curious about the intersections of people, culture, brands, and media. You think and write clearly, and you understand diverse media platforms and technology. You are able to frame a problem, develop succinct insights, and explain what it all means in a compelling story. You’re open-minded, battle-tested, inclusive and empathetic. And you can quickly pivot with the unpredictability of today’s brand communications challenges.
Here’s a snapshot of the role:
- Develop strategic vision for consumer brand and communications strategies from start to finish, including execution and performance evaluation for a limited number of clients and new business opportunities
- Oversee the crafting and evaluation of primary and secondary research plans to segment audiences, and understand the cultural, societal, business and media context impacting a brand to uncover inspiring insights
- Lead, collaborate and nurture strong relationships with integrated teams in client experience, analytics, creative and media to develop and implement flawless execution and creative plans informed by strategic vision
- Reports to regional strategic planning lead, plays an active role in team development, and manages, supervises and mentors talented and eager junior strategists
5-10 years’ experience (preferably in consumer marketing, PR and/or advertising)
If you’re interested in creating the industry’s most important, culturally relevant work we should talk.
Weber Shandwick is a leading global communications network that delivers next-generation solutions to brands, businesses and organizations in major markets around the world. Led by world-class strategic and creative thinkers and activators, we have won some of the most prestigious awards in the industry. Weber Shandwick was named to Ad Age’s Agency A-List in 2020 and Best Places to Work in 2019. Weber Shandwick was also honored as PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018, and PRovoke’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2017 and 2019. The firm earned 25 Lions at the 2019 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity. Data-led, with earned ideas at the core, the agency deploys leading and emerging technologies to inform strategy, develop critical insights and heighten impact across sectors and specialty areas, including brand and B2B marketing, healthcare marketing, change management, employee engagement, corporate reputation, crisis management, data and analytics, technology, public affairs, social impact and financial communications. Weber Shandwick is part of the Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG). For more information, visit http://www.webershandwick.com
The Weber Shandwick Collective recognizes that your health and wellbeing are a priority. This is why we offer a full suite of benefits including:
- 401k (with employer match)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Juice Money – $60 monthly reimbursement to be used towards purchases that nourish your health, mind, body, and soul
- MyDays – Flexible holiday schedules
- Short-Term Disability
- Paid Employee Family Leave
- Family Building Benefit
Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and, if hired, present proof of vaccination prior to start date, unless eligible for a medical or religious accommodation or other accommodation required under applicable law.
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
Other opportunities at Weber Shandwick
Interested in careers at Weber Shandwick but didn’t see a job listed that is right for you? Click the associated link based on your location to submit an application to our Canada, China, Hong Kong, United States and United Kingdom offices. For other locations, please check back as we continue to add new opportunities.