Vice President, Social Impact
New York, New York, United States
Weber Shandwick is looking for a Vice President with Social Impact and Sustainability experience to join our Enterprise team in New York.
We Are Seeking:
We are looking for someone who is passionate about corporate/brand purpose and the promise Stakeholder Capitalism has to transform how we address serious challenges from climate change to racial justice to health equity.
As a Vice President, you will join a growing team of passionate changemakers who are working at the intersection of companies and brands and pressing social and environmental issues. The ideal candidate will have experience building and activating social impact and sustainability strategies, programs, narratives/messaging, and integrated communications plans. A proactive team player who thrives in a fast-paced, always-changing environment, you are driven, poised, curious, creative, a problem solver, well-versed across a number of societal and environmental issues, with a demonstrated ability to learn issues quickly and communicate effectively with internal and external audiences. You will have a strong POV informed from multiple perspectives and experiences, but always willing to listen and learn from others.
You will work closely with senior and junior staff members across several teams (corporate, consumer, public affairs, strategy, creative and integrated media) to drive a broad range of social impact, sustainability and ESG strategies and campaigns across a variety of clients to develop strategic, brave, creative, and impactful client work. You will lead in the development of strategies to shape stories, drive visibility and engagement among key audiences. You will bring a passion for media relations, earning attention for our clients’ ideas across a variety of channels. And you will have exceptional project management skills and the desire to be involved in all aspects of the work we do, from helping to build strategy to executing flawlessly.
This role is client facing with key responsibilities and opportunities to support new business efforts and manage the operations of the business.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Serve as day-to-day social impact lead on assigned accounts; driving progress against communications strategy, project managing workflow against client budgets and ensuring flawless work product delivery
- Develop and grow positive and productive relationships with clients and internal partners
- Design and implement purpose/social impact/sustainability campaigns on behalf of corporate, brand, and nonprofit clients
- Provide strategic counsel to clients on a range of societal, sustainability and ESG issues, being able to identify and assess problems and define logical and effective solutions for clients
- Identify and drive new business opportunities (organic and net new)
- Contribute to Social Impact’s ongoing thought leadership, including writing posts for our Purpose Decoded Medium site, identifying trends and insights for our weekly newsletter, and providing actionable news/insights to key internal and external partners
- Work successfully with partner agencies as part of a client integrated agency team, both internally at WS and externally
- Manage cross-functional teams, providing direction and guidance to ensure we deliver our best work and exceed client expectations
- Work effectively with finance colleagues to deliver accurate quotations for all client projects or new business work
- Contribute innovative ideas for the client and new business work, inspiring ideation amongst team members
- Participate in agency initiatives to build culture and engagement; participate in dedicated task forces based on experience, interests and expertise
- 8-10 years PR, strategic communications and/or marketing background
- Experience in working broadly in social impact, including sustainability or climate change campaigns or to advance progress on critical social justice issues – either within an agency, the private sector or in political or advocacy campaigns
- Understanding of how to conceptualize and build integrated communications campaigns
- You are both a creative and a strategic thinker, and a natural team leader
- Experience working closely with several types of teams including creative, strategy, media planning and public affairs
- Ability to manage multiple projects at various stages simultaneously
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, highly collaborative, multi-disciplinary team
- Demonstrated success translating client needs into workable plans/projects
- Demonstrated success managing teams and budgets and executing programs
- Demonstrated success identifying and driving new business opportunities (organic and net new)
- Resilient mindset, deep curiosity, problem solver, and a healthy sense of humor
- BA or BS in Communications or related degree
- Conversant in social impact, sustainability, ESG and DEI topics, and attuned to company doings and best practices
- Excellent written skills across longer form content and ability to create effective PowerPoint presentations
- A clear communicator and persuasive presenter
- Ability to think strategically and proactively anticipate client needs
- Strong organizational, time and budget management and project management skills
- Ability and desire to quickly learn new systems and tools
- Self-motivated and entrepreneurial
About Weber Shandwick
Weber Shandwick is a leading global communications network that delivers next-generation solutions to brands, businesses, and organizations in major markets around the world. Led by world-class strategic and creative thinkers and activators, we have won some of the most prestigious awards in the industry. Weber Shandwick was named to Ad Age’s Agency A-List in 2020 and Best Places to Work in 2019. Weber Shandwick was also honored as PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018, and PRovoke’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2017 and 2019. The firm earned 25 Lions at the 2019 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity. Data-led, with earned ideas at the core, the agency deploys leading and emerging technologies to inform strategy, develop critical insights and heighten impact across sectors and specialty areas, including brand and B2B marketing, healthcare marketing, change management, employee engagement, corporate reputation, crisis management, data and analytics, technology, public affairs, social impact and financial communications. Weber Shandwick is part of the Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG). For more information, visit http://www.webershandwick.com
Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and, if hired, present proof of vaccination prior to start date, unless eligible for a medical or religious accommodation or other accommodation required under applicable law.
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
Other opportunities at Weber Shandwick
Interested in careers at Weber Shandwick but didn’t see a job listed that is right for you? Click the associated link based on your location to submit an application to our Canada, China, Hong Kong, United States and United Kingdom offices. For other locations, please check back as we continue to add new opportunities.