Detroit, Michigan, United States
Weber Shandwick is seeking a Copywriter to join our growing creative team. The ideal candidate is a conceptual thinker and wordsmith with an artistic eye and obsession with grammar and punctuation. Your talent will be instrumental in defining the conceptual approach and tone of voice for assignments across a variety of social and digital channels. You need to be passionate about developing brand content that resonates with different audiences and inspires them to engage. If you’re a consummate storyteller interested in stepping outside your comfort zone and diversifying your portfolio, we’d love to talk to you. Our office is based in Detroit, but we’re open to remote.
- Develop creative concepts, content, social media post copy, scripts and various other forms of online/offline brand storytelling
- Collaborate with art directors, designers, strategists, producers and other team members to bring ideas to life
- Copywrite for a variety of social platforms, including IG, TikTok and YouTube
- Edit and proofread copy for presentations and posts
- Present your own creative work to clients and teammates
- Ensure all creative adheres to brand guidelines
- Maintain strong working knowledge of product features and benefits
- Tune in to industry and social trends and leverage them in your creative concepts
- Wear multiple hats – depending on your skills, there will be times you’re driving the creative process
- Accept and incorporate feedback from Creative Directors, teammates and clients with a positive attitude
- 2+ years of copywriting experience in an agency or related field (social media, digital and/or advertising)
- Passion for creative writing and digital-first thinking
- Self-motivated, organized and deadline-driven
- Wanderlust for social channels and new media of all kinds
- In tune with social trends and emerging techniques for storytelling and brand expression
- Experience working in the automotive industry is preferred (not mandatory).
- Must have a portfolio (may include spec work, unproduced concepts and creative writing)
- Bonus skills: content creation, community management and/or blogging
Weber Shandwick is a leading global communications network that delivers next-generation solutions to brands, businesses and organizations in major markets around the world. Led by world-class strategic and creative thinkers and activators, we have won some of the most prestigious awards in the industry. Weber Shandwick was named to Ad Age’s Agency A-List in 2020 and Best Places to Work in 2019. Weber Shandwick was also honored as PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018, and PRovoke’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2017 and 2019. The firm earned 25 Lions at the 2019 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity. Data-led, with earned ideas at the core, the agency deploys leading and emerging technologies to inform strategy, develop critical insights and heighten impact across sectors and specialty areas, including brand and B2B marketing, healthcare marketing, change management, employee engagement, corporate reputation, crisis management, data and analytics, technology, public affairs, social impact and financial communications. Weber Shandwick is part of the Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG). For more information, visit http://www.webershandwick.com
Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and, if hired, present proof of vaccination prior to start date, unless eligible for a medical or religious accommodation or other accommodation required under applicable law.
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
Other opportunities at Weber Shandwick
Interested in careers at Weber Shandwick but didn’t see a job listed that is right for you? Click the associated link based on your location to submit an application to our Canada, China, Hong Kong, United States and United Kingdom offices. For other locations, please check back as we continue to add new opportunities.