Senior Creative / Creative Director, Health
London, England, United Kingdom
About the job
It’s never been a more exciting time to be in health. Weber Shandwick is known for bringing science to life, driving digital transformation with category-defying, multi-platform creative work. Engagement is their currency in Weber Shandwick Health! They strive to create true value to drive awareness; delving deeper to deliver true impact and empower audiences to manage their health. No value, no engagement, no point!
We are excited to announce that we’re on the lookout for a brilliant creative thinker to join our expanding creative team and drive the development of creative ideas and impactful campaigns for our healthcare business. As a senior creative, you will spearhead creative thinking to help continue to transform their health client's business. Working with a team of strategists and planners, as well as analytics and client leads, your role will help consolidate our position as one of the world’s most creative communications agencies.
What are we looking for?
Someone who is equally ambitious and hungry to create iconic work. You will be an award-winning, ambitious creative thinker, with a track record in healthcare and a portfolio of work that demonstrates brave creative ideas and thinking, solving big, cross-media brand challenges as well as tactical platform-specific campaigns that live at the intersection of social, digital innovation and PR.
This role will support Weber Shandwick’s largest healthcare client as well as focussing on new business opportunities with impactful creative thinking. While supporting creative ambitions within the health team, you will join and help shape the creative community across the broader Weber Shandwick and IPG family.
The Role and Responsibilities:
- Reporting to Executive Creative Director, London, and supporting the creative needs of the healthcare business.
- A conceptual thinker who can translate their thinking to creating exceptional creative work – that is driven by data-driven insights and powered by earned
- Production of compelling content that tells a story and reaches key audiences
- Create and deliver award-winning campaigns and programmes for our health clients
- Collaborate with the creative team, including art directors, designers and copywriters
- Work as a partner with client leads to realise the full potential of your creative work and is executed to a high level
- Expertise in pitching ideas, creating powerful, and persuasive arguments and proposals that convince our clients to hit go!
Required Skills & Experience
- Significant healthcare expertise – a demonstrable track record in understanding and working in healthcare. Understands the needs of patients and consumers, HCPs and other health audiences. Experience in a PR/earned environment where the successful candidate can speak to successful campaigns, Creativity – Must be able to generate relevant creative ideas and concepts then bring them alive in a healthcare environment.
- Copy: Strong command of language, able to express ideas simply, with accuracy and relevance to health audiences. Demonstrated ability to work ‘on brand’ and above brand campaigns as well as tailoring copy to audiences.
- Creativity and Innovation: Highly creative, with the ability to push boundaries and generate breakthrough with audiences.
- Presentation – Excellent presenting skills are essential: authoritative, personable, and capable of instilling confidence and ensuring a good understanding of the brief.
- Teamwork – Able to team up with different people when required. Not precious, no ego (the idea is the boss), just keen to learn and make ideas better and better. Ability to lead when required as well as take a hands-on role around the work.
- Entrepreneurialism – you take a proactive approach to ideas – you make things happen. Able to see the opportunities beyond the briefs and support client leaders to unlock.
- Collaboration – To collaborate with internal design and production as well as external relationships throughout delivery.
Part IPG DXTRA (IPG) which includes the collective of healthcare brands under Weber Shandwick, and is one of the most impressive health communications offerings across Europe, you'll also partner with extended teams in Geneva, Brussels, Paris, Berlin, Frankfurt, to name but a few…
Note from the Talent team:
We appreciate the time taken to apply for the role and your recent interest in Weber Shandwick. We will review all applications within five working days and be in touch with those who have been
shortlisted to the next stage. Unfortunately, down to volume, we are not able to get back to everyone individually so if you have not heard back from us, unfortunately, you have not been successful on this occasion, and wish you all the best in your search.
Weber Shandwick is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
Other opportunities at Weber Shandwick
Interested in careers at Weber Shandwick but didn’t see a job listed that is right for you? Click the associated link based on your location to submit an application to our Canada, China, Hong Kong, United States and United Kingdom offices. For other locations, please check back as we continue to add new opportunities.