Senior Manager, Client Experience
Detroit, Michigan, United States
Consumers discover brands — create an affinity for them and engage with them — differently today.
As the earned and digital media landscapes continue to transform it is critical for our client, a global automaker, to evolve from communicating digitally to communicating in a digital world. Today employees, media and consumers communicate, learn, share and discover brands and products differently. We need to continue to lead our clients into modern methodologies of storytelling where capturing share of mind and deploying platform fluency, new content models, strategic use of content creators, influencers, substack writers, amplification strategies and community identification. In this new world, engagement is as important as share of voice.
While the auto industry pivots to an all-electric future, we are storytelling in two worlds – traditional vehicles and EVs. Our client is evolving from being known as an auto manufacturer to a mobility tech leader, and we must help them operate and activate like tech companies do. As their agency, we need to bring them the perspectives, insights, ideas and executions beyond what they traditionally know and do.
We deliver innovative, impactful work for our clients that has resulted in significant growth of the practice and earned our teams multiple awards. This success is due to our people, our relationships, a culture that inspires, an incredible team of experts in scientific communications, and an embedded digital/social team who make our clients stand out. We are also well-connected to the large Weber Shandwick network, partnering daily with clients and colleagues globally.
About the Role:
We are looking for a new Account Director (or Senior Manager) for the Detroit office. This is a unique, career-enhancing role on a large account, and an opportunity to partner with exceptional senior account leaders across the company.
You will manage client partnerships and cross functional agency partners, as well as deploy teams in the most efficient and productive way to execute flawlessly and be a supportive coach.
The client relies on us to deliver not only the best modern PR and Marketing work possible, but to lead strategic planning and creative content development. The successful candidate will have experience with automotive PR or Marketing, category PR, consumer and digital programs, passion, never-ending curiosity, a desire to always be better, and the ability to inspire and connect with teams across offices. They will be a hands-on leader because we are a company of doers, even at the most senior level.
- Build and nurture relationship by providing, direction and guidance to colleagues, day-to-day teams and clients
- Lead, develop and manage a team of media and influencer strategists, content creators, digital experts
- Develop quality standards, flawless execution and ensure client satisfaction
- Draw on our agency and cross functional resources, and bringing our clients the best what and how possible for every project
- Deliver state-of-the-art counsel and content to clients
- Deliver above expectations, continuing to fulfill the trusted client partner role
- Monitor shifts in the automotive environment and provide guidance to teams and clients
- Work with peers to further the mission, goals and culture of the agency
- Mentor individuals so that they can achieve their professional goals
- Bachelor's degree required
- 7-9 years of experience in PR inclusive of agency experience working on large scale integrated communications campaigns
- Knowledge of (and passion for) the automotive landscape
- Experience with category PR/marketing
- Digital Experience
- Experience on accounts that span multiple cities, integrated teams, across agency partners
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Great track record of success leading teams and developing talent
- Proficiency in MS Office, advanced proficiency in PowerPoint and other presentation platforms
- An entrepreneurial spirit, strong leadership qualities, and a collaborative attitude
- Propensity to organize thinking, break down complexity and manage shifting priorities at a fast pace
Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and, if hired, present proof of vaccination prior to start date, unless eligible for a medical or religious accommodation or other accommodation required under applicable law.
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.