Senior Associate, Client Experience
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
We Are Seeking
Our team in Boston is seeking a Senior Associate for its growing healthcare practice.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about healthcare and creating and telling deeper brand stories through the lens of corporate communications. The Senior Associate will work closely with senior and junior staff members to provide counsel and manage day-to-day work, in addition to serving as a key client contact.
The successful candidate will be a strong leader with excellent writing and communications skills and an ability to translate client needs into project plans. The candidate should have agency or related experience with a background in healthcare communications, and preferably corporate communications. The person in this role will help develop and implement engagement campaigns for an industry-leading biopharma company.
What We Are Looking For/Qualifications
- 2-3 years’ experience in public relations at an agency or corporate in-house (healthcare experience required);
- Understanding of healthcare landscape, emerging trends and topics
- Excellent writing skills and passion for uncovering great storytelling opportunities;
- Prior work in or desire to explore corporate thought leadership for executive-level clients
- Ability to clearly and professionally communicate with clients;
- Familiarity with business and/or healthcare media (traditional), key influencers, and digital and social media;
- Experience working on multi-disciplinary (holistic) communication initiatives;
- Experience with clients and accounts that are measurement and evaluation driven;
- Strong presentation skills, poise and professionalism.
- Public Relations and Communications
- Marketing and Advertising
- Manage account team implementation of agreed upon programs with high quality standards and ensuring client delivery needs are met.
- Partner with integrated teams to coordinate programming needs.
- Leverage ideas for awards and event opportunities with C-suite participation.
- Develop a range of external materials including thought leadership award and event submissions, key message documents, briefing documents, social media content, etc.
- Manage event and activation logistics in a variety of settings.
- Set and meet campaign measurement and evaluation criteria.
- Identify the training and development needs of junior staff and provide opportunities which enable staff members to reach their full potential.
About Weber Shandwick
Weber Shandwick is a leading global communications network that delivers next-generation solutions to brands, businesses and organizations in major markets around the world. Led by world-class strategic and creative thinkers and activators, we have won some of the most prestigious awards in the industry. Weber Shandwick was named to Ad Age’s Agency A-List in 2020 and Best Places to Work in 2019. Weber Shandwick was also honored as PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018, and PRovoke’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2017 and 2019. The firm earned 25 Lions at the 2019 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity. Data-led, with earned ideas at the core, the agency deploys leading and emerging technologies to inform strategy, develop critical insights and heighten impact across sectors and specialty areas, including brand and B2B marketing, healthcare marketing, change management, employee engagement, corporate reputation, crisis management, data and analytics, technology, public affairs, social impact and financial communications. Weber Shandwick is part of the Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG). For more information, visit http://www.webershandwick.com
Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and, if hired, present proof of vaccination prior to start date, unless eligible for a medical or religious accommodation or other accommodation required under applicable law.
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.