Social Media Manager – Corporate Enterprise
London, England, United Kingdom
We’re looking for a talented Social Media Manager who is interested in joining the Corporate Enterprise practice in our London office. The practice is made up of a smart, dedicated and fun team with expertise spanning B2B, Corporate, Public Affairs, Crisis/Issues, Technology, Social Impact/ESG and Technology.
The potential for insights-led, creative social media work across clients in these areas is huge, and we’re looking for a candidate who can help manage work flawlessly and unlock opportunities for growth. The ideal candidate will have experience across social media analytics, segmentation, strategy, campaign planning, execution, and creative content development. You’ll be curious, ambitious, proactive and friendly.
The role offers a portfolio of well-known global brands, as well as work on integrated campaigns involving earned media, strategy, creative, analytics and digital specialists. You’ll lead the day-to-day running of social media programmes, provide strategic counsel for clients and internal teams, steer content development, manage budgets, and deliver flawless execution of activities.
What will you be doing?
- Integrate into strong client teams to help deliver social media recommendations and activations, typically supporting up to CEO and global brand level
- Be responsible for the delivery of an exceptional client experience by acting as a primary day-to-day contact for clients and our own client leads, who will come to you for valued counsel and recommendations across social media programmes
- Develop and oversee the flawless execution of social media strategies and create, run, track, optimise, and report on organic and paid campaigns
- Manage the creative process for campaigns, writing briefs and developing/presenting responses where necessary, as well as generating creative content, both independently and in collaboration with Weber Shandwick’s account teams and creative specialists
- Partner with some of the industry’s leading social media practitioners, from digital content to paid media, across Weber Shandwick’s dedicated social media brands ThatLot and Flipside
- Stay on top of social media/industry news and trends, and be able to link these to your clients’ objectives
- Supporting the development of client budgets and resource management
- Supporting the development and presentation of new business pitches
Who are you?
- Experience in social media management or digital PR
- Fluency in digital/social media platforms, tools and solutions – the role will primarily cover LinkedIn and Twitter, but knowledge of and experience with other channels is a plus
- Experience working with multiple disciplines and specialists to deliver integrated campaigns
- Mastery in copywriting and developing a range of social media materials
- Familiarity with quantitative analytics and an ability to set and evaluate campaign metrics
- Strong presentation skills and a desire and experience being involved in new business pitching
- Experience developing and managing campaigns and being a day-to-day lead for clients, with a track record of providing strategic counsel
- An interest in the complex world of B2B/Corporate comms – in fact, an interest in the world full stop. The Corporate Enterprise team is an incredibly curious one, with interests spanning tech, sustainability, education, politics and more. We use this to bring fresh perspective, helping tell client stories through the lens of so many other industries
- A proven ability to manage large and multi-market teams to deliver work of the highest quality
- Be an excellent communicator and possess exceptional writing skills, particularly the ability to digest complex information and turn it into compelling, understandable written copy
- A proactive approach to identifying opportunities for the client, practice and team
- Attentive to detail and quality
Perks of the job:
- 25 days holiday + 2 extra days at Christmas + 2 annual days for volunteering
- Flexible working
- Employee wellbeing perks including things like; EAP mental health support, free membership to Headspace meditation
- Discounted gym membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- Summer and Christmas company parties
- Pension scheme
- Access to health insurance
Note from the talent team:
We appreciate the time take to apply for the role and your recent interest in Weber Shandwick. We will review all applications within five working days and be in touch with those who have been shortlisted to the next stage. Unfortunately, due to volume we are not able to get back to everyone individually so if you have not heard back from us unfortunately you have not been successful on this occasion and wish you all the best in your search.
At IPG DXTRA we are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
Other opportunities at Weber Shandwick
Interested in careers at Weber Shandwick but didn’t see a job listed that is right for you? Click the associated link based on your location to submit an application to our Canada, China, Hong Kong, United States and United Kingdom offices. For other locations, please check back as we continue to add new opportunities.