Associate, Public Affairs
London, England, United Kingdom
Weber Shandwick is excited to be seeking a talented Associate to join our Public Affairs team. Working across a portfolio of leading businesses, you will be delivering campaigns that help our clients to navigate an unprecedented time of political change and uncertainty.
This role will offer great exposure to our clients in the UK. The ideal candidates will be passionate about politics, and interested in the UK political landscape, and have a desire to work on the cutting edge of the way politics impacts global businesses.
What will you be doing?
- Political monitoring and research
- Managing political engagement programmes
- Drafting briefings for stakeholders
- Managing outreach to the political and business media as part of integrated campaigns
- Working with our designers and video team to develop digital content that will be used in a political setting
- Managing political and stakeholder events
- Working with polling companies, academics and other research organisations
Who are you?
- Previous experience working in Parliament, government, for a political party, at a think tank or similar organisation
- An analytical mind with an ability to cut through information and find what really matters to clients
- An excellent communicator and exceptional writing skills
- Good organisational and project management skills.
Even better if:
- Campaign experience, either for a political party or campaigning organisation
- Experience working in public affairs, either at an agency or in-house
The Perks & Benefits
- Flexible working
- 25 days annual leave (in addition to public holidays
- Personal pension plan
- Early Friday finish
- Online access to 650+ retail discounts
- Group life assurance
- Group income protection
Note from the talent team:
We appreciate the time take to apply for the role and your recent interest in Weber Shandwick. We will review all applications within five working days and be in touch with those who have been shortlisted to the next stage. Unfortunately, due to volume we are not able to get back to everyone individually so if you have not heard back from us unfortunately you have not been successful on this occasion and wish you all the best in your search.
At IPG DXTRA we are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.