Manager – Public Affairs
Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
Weber Shandwick are looking for a talented Account Manager to join our fast-growing Public Affairs team in Scotland. You’ll be joining a well-established team, where you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate across our outstanding Scottish business, as well as with Weber Shandwick’s UK and international network; while being guided and supported by some of the PR industry’s leading corporate communications professionals.
The core of the role
The ideal candidate will be able to draw upon experiences bringing knowledge and insight into a range of sectors and industries, combined with excellent client servicing and public affairs skills.
You’ll also need a strong understanding of how politics and parliament works, how digital fits into wider integrated communications programmes, as well as brilliant technical writing skills, time management and a keen eye for detail when it comes to managing project progress.
- Monitor the Scottish and UK Parliaments producing detailed briefing for clients
- Research and analyse evolving policy, making recommendations to clients as required
- Policy and stakeholder research, and drafting analysis for our clients
- Managing political engagement programmes and stakeholder events
- Build trust and confidence with clients by consistently ensuring work is delivered on time and to an exceptional standard of quality
- Provide counsel to clients, get involved in new business pitches and be a proactive team player
- Support compliance with the Scottish Lobby Register
- Developing tactical plans and campaigns to meet client needs
- Work with specialist colleagues in the integrated media, corporate communications and strategy teams to deliver solutions for clients
- Participating in the creative development of campaigns for new and existing clients and supporting the team in researching and preparing new business opportunities
Who are you?
- With a passion for politics, you know how to make a strong case that will win the argument and have a track record of developing and delivering effective campaigns
- Unafraid to ask questions and to challenge clients’ and colleagues’ perspectives when necessary
- Highly organised with exceptional attention to detail
- Demonstrable experience in politics and communications. Your experience combines stakeholder engagement and policy insight
- Able to digest complex information and understand how it relates to the political agenda
- A prolific consumer of news, you’re on top of current affairs, allowing you to help clients anticipate issues and opportunities
- Proven project management skills to deliver work that is on brief and on time
- A keen observer of the Scottish political landscape, with a knowledge of the major players
- Fluency in digital/social media platforms, with an appetite to learn more
We appreciate the time take to apply for the role and your recent interest in Weber Shandwick. We will review all applications within five working days and be in touch with those who have been shortlisted to the next stage. Unfortunately, due to volume we are not able to get back to everyone individually so if you have not heard back from us unfortunately you have not been successful on this occasion and wish you all the best in your search.
At IPG DXTRA we are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.