Senior Vice President, Strategic Planning
New York, New York, United States
SVP, STRATEGIC PLANNING, HEALTH, NEW YORK
If you’re a senior healthcare strategist looking to take your career to the next level, we want to hear from you.
Weber Shandwick New York is looking for a SVP of Strategic Planning, Health, to join our growing team and fuel communications and creative strategies for the world’s biggest, best-known and most innovative healthcare, biotech and pharmaceutical companies through corporate, product, disease state awareness and equity campaigns targeting patient communities, HCPs and a wide range of stakeholders.
About you: You’re an expert strategic leader, trusted client advisor, and nurturer of talent. You are a highly collaborative, original and clear thinker who is endlessly curious. Your curiosity helps you empathize with everyone from people recently diagnosed with cancer to dermatologists trying to choose between varying atopic dermatitis treatments. You are able to frame a problem, develop succinct insights, and explain what it all means and why it’s important in a compelling story. You understand diverse media platforms and technology. You’re open-minded, battle-tested, inclusive and empathetic. And you can quickly pivot with the unpredictability of today’s business and communications challenges.
NYC residency is a plus, but not required.
Here’s a snapshot of the role:
- Develop strategic vision for healthcare communications strategies from start to finish, including execution and performance evaluation for a limited number of clients and new business opportunities.
- Lead, collaborate and nurture strong relationships with integrated teams in client experience, analytics, creative and media to develop and implement flawless execution and creative plans informed by strategic vision.
- Leads new business pitches (organic and net new), integrating across teams and weaving the strategic vision throughout the new business process.
- Contributes to sharing best practice, case studies and thought leadership both internally and externally. Participates in external visibility, speaking engagements, media coverage.
- Holds strategic planning team accountable for performance, adherence to quality.
- Reports to regional strategic planning lead, plays an active role in team development, and manages, supervises and mentors talented and eager junior strategists.
- 10-15 years’ experience (preferably in corporate communications and/or advertising).
If you’re interested in creating the industry’s most important, culturally relevant work we should talk.
Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and, if hired, present proof of vaccination prior to start date, unless eligible for a medical or religious accommodation or other accommodation required under applicable law.
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.