New York, New York, United States
Senior Digital Copywriter
As a Senior Digital Copywriter, you are the synthesizing voice of content & strategy. You’ll use your gift for language to help shape cohesive narratives across multiple platforms and touch points (notably web, mobile, and CRM). Your words will actively contribute to the excitement and effectiveness of our Client’s communications, and quantitatively measured against desired business outcomes. You’ll apply your user-centered and verbal design (writing) skills to all elements of digital creative technology, with a focus on creating quality, and impactful customer interactions on behalf of our Clients.
- You’ll use your writing and editing skills to create copy that facilitates a valuable user experience from short articles to introduction, instructional, and navigational materials, you’ll bring our Client’s stories and strategies to life as a partner to the larger creative, content, user experience, and SEO Teams
- You’ll strive to establish a unified voice across products and platforms
- You’ll be an active partner in design and a committed user advocate
- You’ll work with designers directly on wireframes and prototypes
- You'll work closely with content strategists, producers, digital solutions, user experience and designers, and business stakeholders to maintain a consistent and accessible user-focused language across platforms
- You’ll ensure consistency with company standards while finding opportunities to innovate
- Bachelor's degree in English, Communications, Journalism, Technical Writing, HCI, or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years Agency experience as a Senior/AD Copywriter or Content Designer strongly preferred.
- 2+ years of B2C healthcare experience or an equivalent regulated industry are strongly preferred.
- Easily able to transition from producing short and long-form copy across verticals while managing multiple high-visibility engagements simultaneously.
- Strong writing skills, with the ability to explain different writing needs in digital and what your approach is within that range
- Strong experience and knowledge of writing for web and search engine optimization
- Experience in shaping and managing content with a creative lense for web projects
- Ability to absorb complex technical concepts and explain them to others
- Ability to give and receive thoughtful feedback
- A portfolio of UX-focused writing samples and style guidelines
Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and, if hired, present proof of vaccination prior to start date, unless eligible for a medical or religious accommodation or other accommodation required under applicable law.
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.