Detroit, Michigan, United States
At Weber Shandwick, our mission, “We Solve ,” takes into account an evolving world where consumers and events are driving seismic changes to how people discover brands and consume content. Additionally, the auto industry is at an inflection point, providing transportation solutions to meet a changed world. Amongst that background, we're looking for people who want to join us in our pursuit, and be part of a team that understands and meets our rapidly changing world. We're going beyond traditional lines to integrate social, digital, advertising, content, PR, corporate reputation and public affairs. So we need different kinds of people, and all with special talents. We're constantly looking for more of them. And while Weber Shandwick employs lots of smart people and plenty of out-of-the-box thinkers, what truly defines us is our collaborative culture. With a borderless approach, we find the best and brightest across continents to deliver results on behalf of our clients. We also see diversity and inclusion as more than a priority, but as a competitive advantage to bring diverse ideas and points of view to the table. Weber Shandwick is a global company with offices in more than 80 countries, so we offer the advantages of a big firm – from leading-edge research, sophisticated technology and the resources to invest in growth. But, at our heart, we still have the spirit of the small company we used to be – entrepreneurial, ambitious, warm, fun.
About the role: The Detroit office of Weber Shandwick is seeking a Creative Director to join our growing creative team. We are looking for someone to spearhead the development of original social media marketing concepts and approaches, oversee multiple projects through execution, and inspire a team of creative. Working with the Group Creative Director, you will be instrumental in helping to translate the Chevrolet brand into the social media and earned media space, and craft the overall creative approach (strategic, conceptual and executional) for assignments across a wide range of communication strategies and channels. You need to be obsessive about looking for, or creating, opportunities to tell relevant, brand stories that drive online/offline engagement and conversation. And you need to present all social media ideas to internal and external stakeholders in a way that makes social feel simple, while always laddering up to the broader business goals and objectives. If you are serious about stepping outside your comfort zone, diversifying your portfolio, and creating impactful buzz worthy ideas that set the Internet on fire, then we would love to talk to you.
- Be a respected creative leader and trusted teammate of your core creative team, agency teams, partner agency teams, and various client teams
- Provide creative leadership, solutions and problem solving for Chevrolet's social media practice consistently delivering on-brand, on-brief, high-quality, campaign-integrated concepts and executions
- Lead creative presentations for concepts and executions to internal and external audiences
- Remain current on industry, cultural, and technology trends, and look for opportunities to proactively incorporate them into your team's creative concepts don't always wait for a formal assignment, sometimes you need to initiate it
- Lead, train and mentor creative art directors/designers, copywriters, producers and editors to maintain consistent creative quality and produce award-winning work and make it a priority to help them achieve annual and career-specific goals
- Partner with your account team, social media strategists, community managers and media planners and proactively integrate with other brand strategists, creative leads and production teams
- Get your hands dirty when necessary don't be afraid to jump in and do the work if needed
- Constantly think beyond advertising and social media platforms anything that drives conversation and engagement is social In all social media-specific concepts, be sure to understand various execution formats and incorporate creative best practices for various social media networks including Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, LinkedIn, YouTube, Facebook and Reddit
- Ensure all creative adheres to existing brand guidelines and social media best practices
Education and Experience:
- 8-10 years of experience in a creative leadership role and managing a creative team (advertising, digital, social media, publishing/content or public relations)
- Must be self-motivated, hard working, well-organized, thick skinned and resilient to ever-changing timelines, requests, and deliverables must not be afraid to confront the problems
- Ongoing drive to understand emerging techniques, digital design trends and philosophies in marketing, technology, interaction and social media
- Strong ability to provide clear creative direction and timely, helpful feedback to improve creative processes and to keep work on budget/schedule be aware of your deadlines and how to get there
- Excellent oral and written presentation and communication abilities, internal and external
- Ability to prioritize work and resources across engagements based on short and long-term needs
- Proven mentoring and team-building skills
- Experience leading creative for large brands is preferred (not mandatory)
- Experience leading social media creative efforts is preferred (not mandatory)
- Experience working in the automotive industry is preferred (not mandatory)
- Must have a portfolio (share anything that conveys the way you think or approach assignments, even if it was never produced).
- NOTE: If you are selected for an interview, please come prepared to share your POV on the creative process, traditional and digital, the role of social media for brands, approach to managing a creative team, and discuss/showcase your creative leadership abilities. Use whatever work, case studies or examples necessary to best represent these areas of expertise.
About Weber Shandwick
Weber Shandwick is a leading global communications network that delivers next-generation solutions to brands, businesses and organizations in major markets around the world. Led by world-class strategic and creative thinkers and activators, we have won some of the most prestigious awards in the industry. Weber Shandwick was named to Ad Age's Agency A-List in 2020 and Best Places to Work in 2019. Weber Shandwick was also honored as PRWeek's Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018, and PRovoke's Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2017 and 2019. The firm earned 25 Lions at the 2019 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity. Data-led, with earned ideas at the core, the agency deploys leading and emerging technologies to inform strategy, develop critical insights and heighten impact across sectors and specialty areas, including brand and B2B marketing, healthcare marketing, change management, employee engagement, corporate reputation, crisis management, data and analytics, technology, public affairs, social impact and financial communications. Weber Shandwick is part of the Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG). For more information, visit http://www.webershandwick.com
Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and, if hired, present proof of vaccination prior to start date, unless eligible for a medical or religious accommodation or other accommodation required under applicable law.
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.