New York, New York, United States
Director, Project Management
- Manage all aspects of portfolio operations within team and drive integration. Partner closely with account, creative, strategy, analytics, finance, and resourcing leads to institute best practices in operations and program management.
- Be a proactive, solution-oriented, strategic operations leader.
- Define and support cross-functional teams on roles and responsibilities, processes and templates.
- Adapt, evolve, and apply existing infrastructure and processes to new sector within portfolio.
- Partner with client finance and procurement leads on financial processes and ensure adherence to financial guidelines within portfolio team.
- Ensure excellence in delivery of all work and introduce collaboration tools that would benefit both the portfolio team and external partners.
- Establish and lead onboarding processes, including educating team members on roles and responsibilities, processes and templates.
- Manage engagements with internal and external partners focusing on balancing quality, cost and timing while exceeding client expectations.
- Support new business opportunities at the portfolio level, serving as the PM lead and driving relevant efforts.
- Manage project deliverables across multiple work streams and independently prioritize as appropriate.
- Help coordinate various specialty functions including creative, strategy, insights, paid media, and analytics.
- Set expectations at the beginning of a project. As any issues arise, proactively find solutions without compromising quality, team morale, or budget.
- Partner with internal finance team on overall financial management of the account (SOW development; monitoring and tracking deliverables and budgets; forecasting; change management and reporting).
- Negotiate conflict, manage differences of opinion, and communicate effectively.
- Demonstrate strong, professional work ethic and financial acumen.
- About 6 years of professional project management experience in an agency setting, preferably in media relations communications, content development, and management consulting.
- Breadth of process and business skills as well as hands-on experience that fosters credibility and drives thought leadership.
- Expert skills in scoping, pricing, and timeline development for large, complex programs. Prior experience managing multi-million dollar budgets and scopes.
- Familiarity with different types of programs and deliverables, such as strategic planning, creative ideation, video, social and editorial content, digital, and partner management.
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal team members across multiple disciplines and levels, instilling confidence and trust in your abilities.
- Strong hands-on, rubber-meets-road person who can organize and operate multi-faceted projects. In other words, a self-starter who can work well within a highly collaborative, multi-disciplinary team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with team members across multiple levels, building trust in your abilities to get the job done effectively.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Clear ability to work autonomously with solid decision-making skills, and the ability to assess existing processes and identify opportunities to increase efficiency.
- Proficient in collaboration tools such as Microsoft Products and Smartsheets
Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and, if hired, present proof of vaccination prior to start date, unless eligible for a medical or religious accommodation or other accommodation required under applicable law.
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
Other opportunities at Weber Shandwick
Interested in careers at Weber Shandwick but didn’t see a job listed that is right for you? Click the associated link based on your location to submit an application to our Canada, China, Hong Kong, United States and United Kingdom offices. For other locations, please check back as we continue to add new opportunities.