Chicago, Illinois, United States
The STRATEGY DIRECTOR will work to architect powerful business driving communications strategies. The ideal candidate is an insightful thinker who immerses themselves in a category, loves to understand what drives consumers to act and is relentless about finding unexpected insights to drive communications forward. In this role, you will be involved in all elements of brand strategy including creating and analyzing data and market trends, shaping market research, and developing impactful insights and strategies that solve brand challenges.
- Advances abilities to lead select engagements -with supervision and guidance from a senior member the Strategic Planning department.
- Acquires professional, mature presence in the team and client relationship, and shows strong presentation skills.
- Proactively identifies potential challenges with the research plan, creative brief, making recommendations for improvement prior to completion.
- Initiates and helps to execute strategic process, from research plan to creative brief, for approval from more senior leads. Co-leads client projects/ assignments.
- Mine data, research, and intelligence reports for insights and implications.
- Develop an immersive understanding of a product or brand’s market dynamics, customer mindset, competitive actions and industry trends.
- Derive and articulate insights that will drive behavior change.
- Cultivate strong relationships with staff, internal partners, and clients including counseling junior staff.
- 6-10 years of experience in marketing/communications strategy and planning ideally within a strategy department/communications environment specializing in strategic insight generation.
- Understanding of cultural brand strategy with familiarity of work within PR, digital and social media.
- Expertise in the marketing and communications industry.
- High level of comfort with research techniques and resources and insight generation.
- Demonstrated experience with analytics and analyzing data (not necessarily just pulling data but also manipulating it)
- Clear and compelling presentation skills.
- Agility in working style – demonstrated ability to work against tight timelines and to work collaboratively.
- Excellent verbal and written communication with the capability to construct and support arguments.
Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and, if hired, present proof of vaccination prior to start date, unless eligible for a medical or religious accommodation or other accommodation required under applicable law.
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.