Chicago, Illinois, United States
Weber Shandwick is seeking a dynamic and motivated Art Director to join our growing Content community. We are looking for someone with the right combination of self-motivation, conceptual approach, and the artistic skills necessary to create, sell and execute impactful ideas for our clients. You will be creating videos, social content, activations and experiences for our clients. A passion for type and design, the ability to visually convey your ideas through beautiful comps, and an appreciation for brand consistency must be in your DNA.
- Craft stories and build brands through campaign level thinking and execution
- Develop original concepts with the intention of sparking conversation and engagement in media
- Collaborate with copywriters, producers, creative directors and other team members to flesh out the creative development of your executions
- Proactively bring new ideas, creative concepts and design solutions to client work
- Create production-ready designs and layouts, establishing the look/tone/feel for campaigns and executions, and convey ideas through well-designed presentations
- Translate video story ideas into visual sequences through storyboards, mood boards, etc.
- Ensure all visual design adheres to existing brand guidelines
- Thrive on wearing multiple hats: depending on your skills, there will be times when you must drive the creative/design process by playing the role of producer, art buyer, re-toucher, photographer, etc.
- 3+ years of art direction and/or design experience in a related agency or department (advertising, digital, social media, publishing/content or public relations)
- Ability to work quickly, efficiently, and accurately within all required aspects of the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator) as well as presentation software such as Keynote and PowerPoint
- Ongoing drive to understand emerging techniques, trends and philosophies in design, technology, interaction and social media
- Work well across various teams and talent communities
- Art education in advertising design and conceptual thinking is preferred
- Strong decision-making skills
- Aptitude for being well organized
- Strong presentation skills, poise and professionalism
- Ability to multi-task and perform in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Resourceful, entrepreneurial and inclusive
ABOUT WEBER SHANDWICK
Weber Shandwick is a leading global communications network that delivers next-generation solutions to brands, businesses and organizations in major markets around the world. Led by world-class strategic and creative thinkers and activators, we have won some of the most prestigious awards in the industry. Weber Shandwick was named to Ad Age’s Agency A-List in 2020 and Best Places to Work in 2019. Weber Shandwick was also honored as PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018, and PRovoke’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2017 and 2019. The firm earned 25 Lions at the 2019 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity. Data-led, with earned ideas at the core, the agency deploys leading and emerging technologies to inform strategy, develop critical insights and heighten impact across sectors and specialty areas, including brand and B2B marketing, healthcare marketing, change management, employee engagement, corporate reputation, crisis management, data and analytics, technology, public affairs, social impact and financial communications. Weber Shandwick is part of the Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG). For more information, visit http://www.webershandwick.com
Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and, if hired, present proof of vaccination prior to start date, unless eligible for a medical or religious accommodation or other accommodation required under applicable law.
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
Other opportunities at Weber Shandwick
Interested in careers at Weber Shandwick but didn’t see a job listed that is right for you? Click the associated link based on your location to submit an application to our Canada, China, Hong Kong, United States and United Kingdom offices. For other locations, please check back as we continue to add new opportunities.