Vice President, Strategic Planning
New York, New York, United States
VP of STRATEGIC PLANNING, CORPORATE, New York
If you’re an amazing strategist who operates at the intersections of business, society, media and technology, we want to hear from you.
Weber Shandwick New York is looking for a VP of Strategic Planning, Corporate to join our growing team and fuel communications and creative strategies for high-profile corporations, professional services firms, and industrial and technology companies. NYC residency is a plus, but not required.
About you: You are a highly collaborative, original thinker who is endlessly curious about business and corporate reputation. You think and write clearly, and you understand diverse media platforms and technology. You are able to frame a problem, develop succinct insights, and explain what it all means in a compelling story. You’re open-minded, battle-tested, inclusive and empathetic. And you can quickly pivot with the unpredictability of today’s business and communications challenges.
Here’s a snapshot of the role:
- Develop strategic vision for corporate brand and communications strategies from start to finish, including execution and performance evaluation for a limited number of clients and new business opportunities
- Oversee the crafting and evaluation of primary and secondary research plans to segment audiences, and understand the cultural, societal, business and media context impacting a business to uncover business insights
- Lead, collaborate and nurture strong relationships with integrated teams in client experience, analytics, creative and media to develop and implement flawless execution and creative plans informed by strategic vision
- Reports to regional strategic planning lead, plays an active role in team development, and manages, supervises and mentors talented and eager junior strategists
5-10 years’ experience (preferably in corporate communications and/or advertising)
If you’re interested in creating the industry’s most important, culturally relevant work we should talk.
Moving beyond public relations, our creators, strategists and technologists craft campaigns that do more than grab attention – they demand interaction, generating long-term value for our clients around the world. Weber Shandwick was named PRovoke’s 2020 Agency of the Decade and to Ad Age’s 2020 Agency A-List. Our (now remote) Washington office houses our social impact and public affairs practices, along with a diverse mix of subject matter experts and digital, creative and insight leaders
The Weber Shandwick Collective recognizes that your health and wellbeing are a priority. This is why we offer a full suite of benefits including:
- 401k (with employer match)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Juice Money – $60 monthly reimbursement to be used towards purchases that nourish your health, mind, body, and soul
- MyDays – Flexible holiday schedules
- Short-Term Disability
- Paid Employee Family Leave
- Family Building Benefit
Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and, if hired, present proof of vaccination prior to start date, unless eligible for a medical or religious accommodation or other accommodation required under applicable law.
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
Other opportunities at Weber Shandwick
Interested in careers at Weber Shandwick but didn’t see a job listed that is right for you? Click the associated link based on your location to submit an application to our Canada, China, Hong Kong, United States and United Kingdom offices. For other locations, please check back as we continue to add new opportunities.