Account Director, Social Impact
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
DIRECTOR, SOCIAL IMPACT
Weber Shandwick is currently seeking a Director to join its award-winning global Social Impact team, based in Washington, DC, to play a central role in new and longstanding client engagements.
We’re passionate about expanding the boundaries of what we offer our clients by bringing diverse perspectives to the table. Does that sound like you? We’re seeking new colleagues who bring passion, curiosity and a track record of shaping integrated communications strategies and solutions.
Ideal candidates will have a strong understanding of the fast-moving environmental, social and governance (ESG) and diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) landscapes, as well as the intersection of earned, paid and owned media.
The candidate will also be conversant in the expectations on the private sector to lead – alone, or in partnership with government – to solve important national and global challenges, such as climate change and rising inequity.
Successful candidates will be team-oriented, with a demonstrated ability to learn issues quickly and communicate effectively with internal and external audiences. We’re looking for exceptional judgment when working with team members, clients and partners, and experience managing high-performing teams and supervising individuals.
- Design and implement purpose and ESG campaigns on behalf of corporate, foundation, nonprofit and association clients
- Develop, oversee and execute corporate reputation, stakeholder engagement, and integrated marketing and communications programs, including but not limited to: data and analytics, strategic planning, formative research, message testing, creative concepting and production, and earned, paid and owned media
- Serve as a primary client contact responsible for management of account deliverables on deadline and within budget
- Manage cross-functional teams, providing direction and guidance to ensure we deliver our best work and exceed client expectations
- Create opportunities for team members to learn and grow – promoting and retaining a collaborative, inclusive work environment conducive to success
- Serve as a core member of the social impact team, contributing to ongoing business development, managing and coaching junior team members, and inspiring emerging leaders within our agency
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 7-9 years related professional experience
Additional Qualifications – Success Factors
- Experience managing integrated communications campaigns and cross-functional teams
- Conversant in ESG and DEI, and attuned to corporate best practices in both
- Fluent in earned media relations, as well as digital strategy and social media
- Can turn ideas into workable plans, while anticipating client and team needs
- Ability to work in and mobilize fast-paced, highly collaborative, multi-disciplinary teams
- Proactive self-starter and problem-solver with meticulous attention to detail
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Resilient mindset, deep curiosity and a healthy sense of humor
Weber Shandwick is a leading global communications network that delivers next-generation solutions to brands, businesses and organizations in major markets around the world. Led by world-class strategic and creative thinkers and activators, we have won some of the most prestigious awards in the industry. Weber Shandwick was named to Ad Age’s Agency A-List in 2020 and Best Places to Work in 2019. Weber Shandwick was also honored as PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018, and PRovoke’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2017 and 2019. The firm earned 25 Lions at the 2019 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity. Data-led, with earned ideas at the core, the agency deploys leading and emerging technologies to inform strategy, develop critical insights and heighten impact across sectors and specialty areas, including brand and B2B marketing, healthcare marketing, change management, employee engagement, corporate reputation, crisis management, data and analytics, technology, public affairs, social impact and financial communications. Weber Shandwick is part of the Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG). For more information, visit http://www.webershandwick.com
Powell Tate is the globally-recognized, premiere, DC-based public affairs unit of the Weber Shandwick network. Built for change, we are nimble, data-driven and led by people who understand fast-changing politics, complex policy debates, emerging cultural trends, the role of third party stakeholders and digital transformation. We know the motivations that spark movements. The issues that matter most – privacy, environment, sustainability, automation, food safety and healthcare. In short: What to embrace. What to avoid. What you didn’t see coming. We solve complex business, policy and social issues. We mitigate risk and build reputation. We shape opinions and build support for issues that matter.
Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and, if hired, present proof of vaccination prior to start date, unless eligible for a medical or religious accommodation or other accommodation required under applicable law.
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.