San Francisco, California, United States
About the role: The West Coast* of Weber Shandwick is seeking a Senior Copywriter to join our growing, award-winning creative team.
We love: Resourceful, curious weirdos who can bring surprising thinking, (sub)cultural expertise, conceptual brilliance, and word wizardry to our crew and our clients.
If you are serious about stepping outside your comfort zone, dreaming up courageous ideas that set the Internet ablaze, and adding some killer work to your book in the process, then we want to hear from you.
*Ideally, we’re talking Los Angeles, San Francisco, or Seattle here, but our team is spread out, so the right candidate can work from anywhere.
- Concepting campaigns, activations, and experiences that speak to clients in a wide variety of sectors
- Writing arresting taglines, website and social copy, bylines, video scripts, and more — stuff that runs the gamut from hilarious to heartwarming
- Obsessively mining unique cultural contexts and insights that we can incorporate into creative concepts for brands
- Collaborating with art directors, designers, strategists, producers, and other team members to develop campaigns and bring them to life
- Presenting our work to internal and external stakeholders with enthusiasm
- Understanding best practices for various social media networks including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, LinkedIn, TikTok (“hello, fellow kids”), Reddit, and YouTube
- Wearing multiple hats — we’re a nimble, scrappy team, and there will be times when you’ll be doing a little bit of everything
Education and Experience:
- 5+ years of writing experience at an agency or in a related field (but we prioritize creative thinking above all else)
- Must be self-motivated, hardworking, well organized, thick skinned, and resilient in the face of ever-changing timelines, requests, and deliverables
- A drive to understand emerging techniques, trends, and philosophies in marketing, communications, technology, and social media
- Must have a portfolio (share anything that conveys the way you think or approach assignments, even if it was never produced — we know sometimes the best work is unmade work)
- Technology and healthcare experience a plus, but not a must
- Bonus Skills: blogging, journalism, filmmaking, videography, editorial, art direction, design, illustration, photography, a basic understanding of sports (seriously… it’s a blind spot for us; ditto gaming), strange passions we’ve never even heard of
About Weber Shandwick
Weber Shandwick is a leading global communications network that delivers next-generation solutions to brands, businesses and organizations in major markets around the world. Led by world-class strategic and creative thinkers and activators, we have won some of the most prestigious awards in the industry. Weber Shandwick was named to Ad Age’s Agency A-List in 2020 and Best Places to Work in 2019. Weber Shandwick was also honored as PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018, and PRovoke’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2017 and 2019. The firm earned 25 Lions at the 2019 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity. Data-led, with earned ideas at the core, the agency deploys leading and emerging technologies to inform strategy, develop critical insights and heighten impact across sectors and specialty areas, including brand and B2B marketing, healthcare marketing, change management, employee engagement, corporate reputation, crisis management, data and analytics, technology, public affairs, social impact and financial communications. Weber Shandwick is part of the Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG). For more information, visit http://www.webershandwick.com
Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and, if hired, present proof of vaccination prior to start date, unless eligible for a medical or religious accommodation or other accommodation required under applicable law.
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.