Account Director, Client Experience Digital, Consumer
Detroit, Michigan, United States
DIRECTOR, CX-DIGITAL – CHEVY SOCIAL MEDIA (GLOBAL)
In this role, in coordination with our marketing partner, Commonwealth//McCann, you will be involved in guiding Chevy’s social media practice across the global markets in creative, strategy, platforms, and data. Naturally, the role will also intersect and compliment the overall digital campaign efforts of Chevrolet in each region. The ideal candidate is a constant collaborator and insightful thinker who immerses themselves in the category, loves to understand what motivates consumers to act and is relentless about finding unexpected ways to drive communications forward. This is not a one-note role – the successful candidate will be able to navigate managing client relationships, advise on creative, develop strategic POVs, assess metrics and manage complex operations.
- Coordinate with the social leads in each global market to support and understand their overall social strategy and performance.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of social platforms and help the markets maximize their potential for reaching and engaging with consumers.
- Understand consumer behavior in broader culture and across digital and use it to draw and communicate insightful conclusions to aid in the overall social strategy
- Provide feedback and guidance on the markets’ social media strategies and join client presentations when needed to provide the necessary strategic support
- Represent agency points of view clearly in writing, formal presentations, and informal client meetings and workshops
- Initiate global best-practices on social that can aid all markets. These could be but are not limited to audience analysis, creative templates, KPI’s, reporting formats, etc.
- Stay on top of trends and key competitors and partner with the strategy team to do competitive reports or brand deep-dive’s when necessary
- Have a comprehensive understanding of data to effectively evaluate content performance and demonstrate the effectiveness of social.
- Work closely with the team members from various disciplines (Account, Strategy, Creative, Technology) within the agency and the client to optimize and coordinate strategies and tactics
- Work with creative teams to provide briefing materials to support the creation of digital creative when needed
- 8-10+ years related experience with direct client responsibility for development and management of brand strategy
- Ability to maintain multiple relationships with global offices to understand their needs and influence their social efforts
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills required especially in writing presentation decks
- A brand thinker who leverage or create cultural moments
- Ability to develop clear strategic thinking on social platforms and strategy
- Knowledge and experience of social media, digital and PR
- Be a demonstrated self-starter and work well within a highly collaborative, multi-disciplinary team
- Have a passion and experience for digital marketing and social media, and stay ahead of the curve on industry developments
Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and, if hired, present proof of vaccination prior to start date, unless eligible for a medical or religious accommodation or other accommodation required under applicable law.
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.