Manager, Business Development
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Weber Shandwick is a world-class strategic communications and consulting network. Our work is driven by culture and comes to life through boundary-breaking ideas and impact-driving strategy that drive results. In over 120 markets, our teams are creating solutions for a modern media landscape in which technology, media and policy intersect.
And we need help identifying and celebrating great work as it’s happening on the ground.
We are looking for a Manager, Business Development to be responsible for identifying and creating case work in real-time and transforming those assets into world-class collateral to drive growth, culture and talent acquisition.
Specifically, your job will be to:
Identify & Excavate
- Be the central point of contact for teams to surface notable new work or work-in-progress
- Build relationships with local creative, account, agency and office leads to proactively stay on top of new work in development
- Recommend an infrastructure and approach for creating case work that fulfills the principles of creative excellence as set by our global creative leadership
- Identify what makes the creative idea or solution drive impact
- Work with local teams to transform assets into multi-dimensional case studies (this includes writing, editing and working with design teams)
- Serve as standard-bearer for how we position our case work to drive growth, culture and attract talent
- Serve as manager of highly visible internal platforms and promotional mechanisms that distribute that latest & greatest casework to our global employee base
- Work with marketing, communications and talent acquisition to format case work for relevant audiences (e.g. industry influencers, potential talent, etc)
- Partner with regional awards leads to flag work for local and global awards submissions
- Excellent copywriting skills
- Excels at building relationships in a global, matrixed organization
- Capable of designing and implementing workflows, processes and best practices and driving adoption across teams
- Proficient at advocating for creative excellence principles
Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and, if hired, present proof of vaccination prior to start date, unless eligible for a medical or religious accommodation or other accommodation required under applicable law.
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.