Strategic Planning Intern (Spring 2022)
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Weber Shandwick is a leading global communications agency delivering daily on what we do best: solving complex business and communication problems. We earn attention and incite action for the best brands and organizations worldwide by championing integration and placing people, culture and relationships at the heart of our work.
The Weber Shandwick Washington D.C. office is seeking enthusiastic recent college graduates to support the Strategic Planning team. Our team focusses on creative and brand strategy for clients across the private sector, government, and non-profit space.
This internship focuses on developing skills in audience research, creative strategy, insight generation, and briefing both client and creative teams. We work on a wide variety of clients supporting both advertising and public relations. A great intern candidate will have an eye for cultural trends, innate curiosity about why people behave hold beliefs, and the drive to uncover meaningful insights. Weber Shandwick interns will gain practical experience as fully integrated members of client service teams and will receive coaching from team members to help advance their career goals.
Our spring internship program runs from January 10, 2022 – April 29, 2022
- Communication: Speak, write and edit succinctly and compellingly.
- Spark: Understand and articulate what sets you apart.
- Thinking: Be curious and innovative. Don’t be afraid to make creative leaps.
- Attention to Detail: Deliver clear and precise work.
- Awareness: Be news- and culture-focused, always understand what is in the zeitgeist of US consumers.
- Digital Aptitude: Demonstrate understanding of relevant social platforms, how brands are engaging their audiences on said platforms and broader trends in the digital space.
- Management: Meet deadlines, put out fires and multitask. Work efficiently and work hard.
- Research: Uncover cultural moments, trends and opportunities for our clients to engage.
- Create: Use research and insights to build strategies designed to inspire creativity and solve client problems.
- Engage: Share big ideas in brainstorms and with teams.
- Plan: Assist in event coordination and logistics.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree required
- Availability: 40 hours a week throughout the duration of your internship
How to apply:
Candidates are required to submit the following supplements. Incomplete applications will not be eligible for consideration.
- In lieu of a cover letter, please upload a response to the writing prompt below
Prepare a one-page written response to the following question:
Multiculturalism, gender equality and age diversity are important for campaigns and the communication industry as a whole – and it's these things that help us produce award winning work!
In no more than one page double-spaced, tell us about yourself, your views on diversity in our industry, and which practice(s) you want to join during this internship. Give us a sense of where you’re best positioned to contribute to our work. And while we respect modesty, don’t be bashful – this is an application to the world’s leading communications agency, so we’re keen to see your creativity and strength as a storyteller.
Be a part of one of the world’s leading communications firms, Weber Shandwick, as we activate bold, data-driven ideas that earn attention and solve our client’s complex business and communications problems (www.webershandwick.com).
Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and, if hired, present proof of vaccination prior to start date, unless eligible for a medical or religious accommodation or other accommodation required under applicable law.
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.