Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Strategist, Weber Shandwick
Come join a growing, close-knit creative strategy team that is pushing bold thinking and driving results for campaigns that matter — supporting everything from vaccines to public schools.
This creative strategy role requires a “whole brain thinker” who is ready to unearth and connect disparate quantitative and qualitative research into coherent, powerful insights that help drive client recommendations and inspire creative campaign ideas. The candidate must also be game to collaborate with digital, creative and account teams throughout the organization to package and advance brave ideas.
You should enjoys falling down rabbit holes to find fresh and relevant information, developing exciting hypotheses, and working with the ambiguity of incomplete information. You should be endlessly curious, with a nose for cultural, business and politics trends.
- Work both independently and collaboratively to develop campaign strategies on key accounts, as part of cross-functional teams.
- Conduct primary and secondary, quantitative and qualitative research for existing and potential clients
- Help turn observations into inspiring insights
- Support responses to new business opportunities
- Develop crisp and compelling content for client decks and pitches
- Perform business analysis, data mining, and visual storytelling
- Actively contribute to client meetings, creative brainstorms and strategy sessions
- Cultivate fruitful relationships with key decision-makers across the business, including creative and digital strategists, research/analytics experts, and account teams
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 1+ years of relevant work experience
- Demonstrated ability to construct an argument supported by evidence
- An active curiosity about brands and culture
- Knowledge of the media landscape and marketing communications industry
- Comfortable learning how to use media and data analytics tools
- Interest in primary research (writing discussion guides and survey questions, and analyzing spreadsheet)
- Ability to quickly understand and translate complex business or policy issues
- Able to manage multiple challenging projects for various clients from concept to completion on time and within budget
- Lead peer set in business writing, storytelling and oral communication
- Strong time management, project management and organizational skills
- Meaningfully contribute to a civil, fast paced, inclusive and positive work environment
- Enough poise to work with multiple creative and account management colleagues across diverse experience levels and disciplines
- Proactive, self-starter who can work well both independently and as part of a team
Weber Shandwick is a leading global communications network that delivers next-generation solutions to brands, businesses and organizations in major markets around the world. Led by world-class strategic and creative thinkers and activators, we have won some of the most prestigious awards in the industry. Weber Shandwick was named to Ad Age’s Agency A-List in 2020 and Best Places to Work in 2019. Weber Shandwick was also honored as PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018, and PRovoke’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2017 and 2019. The firm earned 25 Lions at the 2019 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity. Data-led, with earned ideas at the core, the agency deploys leading and emerging technologies to inform strategy, develop critical insights and heighten impact across sectors and specialty areas, including brand and B2B marketing, healthcare marketing, change management, employee engagement, corporate reputation, crisis management, data and analytics, technology, public affairs, social impact and financial communications. Weber Shandwick is part of the Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG). For more information, visit http://www.webershandwick.com
Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and, if hired, present proof of vaccination prior to start date, unless eligible for a medical or religious accommodation or other accommodation required under applicable law.
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.