Consumer Public Relations Intern
New York, New York, United States
Weber Shandwick is seeking a rock star winter intern to work on a major alcoholic beverage account based in our New York consumer team/practice. This winter internship is based out of our NYC office starting around mid-January 2022. This is a full-time (40 hours/week) paid internship lasting approximately 6 weeks, ending around late Feb.
- Thinking:Intellectual curiosity and creativity is a must.
- Storytelling:Understand the elements that make a story exciting and how to highlight them in what you read in the press and what you see on social media
- Communication:Speak, write and edit succinctly and compellingly.
- Management:Meet deadlines, put out fires and multi-task. Work fast, and work well.
- Interpersonal:Play nice, whether it’s in a team, with a team or independently.
- Technical:Know Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook. Media databases and social tracking tools are a bonus.
- Detail-Oriented:Whether it’s a media list or a recap report, attention to detail and a commitment to delivering clear and precise work is essential.
- Spark:Understand what sets you apart.
What You Will Be Doing
- Research: Analyze brands using various resources
- Engage: Share big ideas in brainstorms and with teams
- Plan: Assist in event coordination and logistics
- Create: Craft written communications including media materials and social content
- Hustle: Pitch stories to media, develop media lists, track placements, etc.
- Monitor: Track brands in traditional and social media
What We Are Looking For
- Someone who has an interest in, and enthusiasm for public relations and sports
- Able to work in a dynamic and fast-paced agency environment
- Strong writing skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills
About Weber Shandwick
Weber Shandwick is a leading global communications network that delivers next-generation solutions to brands, businesses and organizations in major markets around the world. Led by world-class strategic and creative thinkers and activators, we have won some of the most prestigious awards in the industry. Weber Shandwick was named to Ad Age’s Agency A-List in 2020 and Best Places to Work in 2019. Weber Shandwick was also honored as PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018, and PRovoke’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2017 and 2019. The firm earned 25 Lions at the 2019 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity. Data-led, with earned ideas at the core, the agency deploys leading and emerging technologies to inform strategy, develop critical insights and heighten impact across sectors and specialty areas, including brand and B2B marketing, healthcare marketing, change management, employee engagement, corporate reputation, crisis management, data and analytics, technology, public affairs, social impact and financial communications. Weber Shandwick is part of the Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG). For more information, visit http://www.webershandwick.com
Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and, if hired, present proof of vaccination prior to start date, unless eligible for a medical or religious accommodation or other accommodation required under applicable law.
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.