Director, Strategic Planning
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
If you’re an amazing account planner with a passion for politics or healthcare, we should talk. Weber Shandwick DC is looking for a Director of Planning to fuel the creative strategy for an exciting and multi-faceted public health campaign.
About you: You are endlessly curious about consumer mindsets and the drivers of behavior change. You arrive at surprising insights that can underlie strategy. You incorporate new analytical insights into the project development process—finding impactful, competitive positions for your clients. You think and write clearly, and you understand diverse media platforms and technology. You are an expert in and earned-first thinking and approach, with a savvy marketing and communications industry mindset. And you can quickly pivot with the unpredictability of today’s political and public health environments.
This is a month-in-the-life:
- Lead projects/assignments within an integrated team, with guidance from senior strategic planning leadership
- Handle day to day development of strategy on a given account or accounts independently
- Draft creative briefs, tactical plans, and programs for senior strategic planning leadership approval
- Develop and present clear and engaging client reports and presentations
- Lead market research, analytics plan, and identification of differentiating, interesting insights, in close partnership with Global Intelligence
- Use subscription data tools like Simmons, Quid, Mintel, and others, when it makes sense, and gets scrappy the rest of the time
- Actively contribute to internal team meetings, client meetings, creative brainstorms, and strategy sessions
- Support new business efforts by seeking out new client opportunities and responding to RFPs.
- Manage planners across assignments for quality of insight and mentor junior staff
About Us: Moving beyond public relations, our creators, strategists and technologists craft campaigns that do more than grab attention – they demand interaction, generating long-term value for our clients around the world. Weber Shandwick was named PRovoke’s 2020 Agency of the Decade and to Ad Age’s 2020 Agency A-List. Our (now remote) Washington office houses our social impact and public affairs practices, along with a diverse mix of subject matter experts and digital, creative and insight leaders.
Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and, if hired, present proof of vaccination prior to start date, unless eligible for a medical or religious accommodation or other accommodation required under applicable law.
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.