Media Relations Intern (Winter/Spring 2022)
St. Louis, Missouri, United States
PR Internship – Winter/Spring Leading marketing firm seeks the future.
Are you a big thinker? An artist? A web geek with an edge? The Weber Shandwick St. Louis office wants to see your application for its Internship program. We’re passionate about expanding the boundaries of what we offer our clients – and we’re looking for candidates with the creative daring and digital savvy to join that effort. From creative ideation to execution, Weber Shandwick’s interns form the foundation of a talented team that generates groundbreaking, award-winning programs. During the program (average length of internship is 5-6 months), interns will work on programs for iconic brands they likely encounter every day.
• Monitor: Track brands and influencers in traditional and social media
• Create: Written words, videos, images • Hustle: Pitch stories to media, develop media lists
• Research: Analyze brands and influencers using various resources
• Plan: Assist in event coordination and logistics as well as influencer campaign activations
• Engage: Share big ideas in brainstorms and with teams
• Thinking: Do it out of the box. Actually, it’s best if you’re wholly unfamiliar with the concept of boxes.
• Digital: Know all the relevant platforms, what brands are doing on them and what they should do next.
• Communication: Speak, write and edit succinctly and compellingly. Ditch jargon.
• Management: Meet deadlines, put out fires and multi-task. Work fast, but work well.
• Interpersonal: Play nice, whether it’s in a team, with a team or independently.
• Technical: Know Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook. Design and video editing chops are a plus.
• Spark: Competence isn’t enough. Set yourself apart with something awesome and unignorable
Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and, if hired, present proof of vaccination prior to start date, unless eligible for a medical or religious accommodation or other accommodation required under applicable law.
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.