Chicago, Illinois, United States
Weber Shandwick isn’t just a PR agency. We’re the world’s largest engagement agency. And while, sure, we’ve won our fair share of awards, what we’re really proud of is the connected network of specialized experts we’ve built, each one skilled in earning attention and driving conversation. Our strength is in our people. In our teams. In the promise we’ve all made to “go beyond” for our clients, delivering not only strategic business objectives, but real value. Weber Shandwick is home to experts across our four value-based communities: Client Experience, Content, Insights and Integrated Media.
Want to get into the craft of making content for a ton of national and global brands with a team of really cool people? Want to create engaging social campaigns or come up with super smart and fun experiential ideas? Maybe you’re looking for a chance to be more hands-on, scrappy and artistic? Or to solve problems visually with typography and your strong design chops. If this sounds amazing to you, apply for our design internship program today.
The internship at Weber Shandwick is designed to provide students and young professionals with a true learning experience and the opportunity to become part of a creative department working on multiple national and global clients. Day-to-day duties include executions for online and social media applications, print designs, PowerPoint, logo development, and other design projects – all while working alongside senior-level creatives.
• Image searches
• Small deck design projects
• Designing email blasts
• Designing invites
• Designing event materials
• Illustrated infographics
• Logo design
• Engage in creative discussions
• Contribute to our creative culture!
• Bachelor’s degree in art or graphic design communications
• Strong conceptual design skills
• In-depth knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite and a working knowledge of PowerPoint
• Creativity in problem-solving with attention to detail
• Display a hands-on, “yes and…” positive attitude
• Be deadline-driven as well as be proactive to help the greater team at large
• Ability to work in a team and can successfully incorporate art direction and feedback from multiple sources
• Ability to take direction well
• Ability to successfully manage multiple projects
• Ability to see a project from inception to completion
• Good communication and collaboration skills • Working knowledge of HTML encouraged but not required
• In-depth knowledge of all social media platforms and the ability to create social content
• Lastly, please be fun, friendly, and sociable! A good sense of humor is a serious bonus. (See what we did there…?)
Why Weber Shandwick:
Weber Shandwick’s full-time internship program is a paid opportunity for you to gain valuable experience supporting teams and helping clients solve business problems. We aren’t going to have you pouring coffee and making copies for four months—instead, you’ll really dig into the work, become a critical member of your teams, and learn what it means to “go beyond” for your clients. By the end of your internship, you’ll have learned how to successfully operate in a major organization and be able to apply learnings to the rest of your career. Through day-to-day client work and interactive trainings over the course of your internship, you’ll learn how to:
• Read and comprehend briefs, proposals and plans, and synthesize them for action.
• Write compelling materials for a variety of audiences.
• Think strategically about business issues.
• Present findings in an engaging way.
• And more! We offer intern trainings on topics ranging from preparedness, to video production, to insight development.
Weber Shandwick is dedicated not only to building brands, but to building careers. Our team is our most valuable asset, and we’re looking forward to seeing what you’ll bring to the family table.
Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and, if hired, present proof of vaccination prior to start date, unless eligible for a medical or religious accommodation or other accommodation required under applicable law.
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.