Lead Consultant (Account Director)
London, England, United Kingdom
LEAD CONSULTANT/ACCOUNT DIRECTOR
WHO ARE UNITED MINDS
United Minds is a global change consultancy that specialises in people focused transformation: including culture change, M&A, restructures, new brand or strategy, digital transformation, and DEI.
Leveraging a deep bench of specialists, the company helps organisations deliver positive, lasting change by combining strategy with creative communications, engaging leaders and employees in every part of the process.
United Minds’ mission is to make business more human, because this creates more engaged and aligned employees, which in turn benefits customers, the business, and long-term investors.
United Minds is part of Weber Shandwick, one of the world’s leading communications and marketing solutions firms.
The last two years has proven that nothing is permanent except change, and for organisations around the globe, the confluence of the pandemic, economic crisis, sustainability issues and a spotlight on inequality, has exponentially accelerated the need for change and an increased focus on the employee experience.
We’re looking for a Lead Consultant to oversee the delivery of impactful consulting projects, contributing to the project lifecycle in varying degrees from scoping to implementation and aftercare.
You will provide counsel to clients, offering insight and best practices on different aspects of organisational transformation including: employee experience, organisational culture, change, communications, diversity and inclusion.
And, as part of our ambitious growth plans, you’ll be tasked with bringing in new business. Playing a lead role in new business pitches, marketing and business development activities.
We’re a small, family-like team, with collaboration and team spirit at our core and we’re hoping for someone with similar values to join our offering: a hybrid of a start-up environment within a global organisation, positioned in a beautiful workspace next to Liverpool street station, alongside our parent company Weber Shandwick and sister agencies.
- You will make a substantial contribution to client projects applying your knowledge of organisational change, employee engagement and internal communication to create impactful solutions for clients.
- You will lead projects and will be responsible for scoping and delivering assignments.
- You may be asked to take responsibility for managing colleagues on projects.
- Typically, you will work on several client projects simultaneously so need to be able to manage priorities and deadlines.
- During projects you will also be expected to deliver a great client experience and take responsibility for helping to manage and build these relationships.
- You will be asked to contribute to new business pitches and proposals and help develop the strategies, tactics, resource and time plans, and budgets.
- In addition to managing resources assigned to work with you on projects you may also be asked to line manage other members of our team and take responsibility for their pastoral care and career development.
- You will be an have growing expertise in areas including culture, change, communications, brand and DEI and will be expected to keep developing your knowledge (through a combination of formal training, mentoring, coaching, networking and “on the job” development.) and contributing to the development of others.
- Demonstrable experience operating at a similar level in a related consultancy or agency
- Your experience will include roles participating in organisational transformations with a focus on culture, change, internal communications and DEI in large, complex, multinational organisations.
- You will have consultative skills including project scoping, insight gathering, problem solving, strategy development, influencing, intervention planning and good written and verbal communications.
- You will know how to contribute to client assignments and help manage the team, deliverables and budget to the satisfaction of United Minds and the client.
- You will be good at building relationships with both clients and colleagues.
- 25 days holiday + 2 extra days at Christmas + 2 annual days for volunteering
- Flexible working
- Employee wellbeing perks including things like: EAP mental health support and free membership to both Headspace meditation
- Discounted gym membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- Summer and Christmas company parties
- Pension scheme
- Access to health insurance
- Brand new, spacious, modern office space (which includes a roof terrace and bubbles on tap!) Check it out here – https://vimeo.com/472688193/0d86f82335
DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
United Minds is an Equal Opportunities Employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.