Human Resources Coordinator
New York, New York, United States
We’re seeking a Human Resources Coordinator to be based in our New York office This role places you as a key point of contact to our employee population, and in support of all functions of the HR team.
As an HR Coordinator you will utilize your strong client facing skills to assist employees through payroll, benefits, LOA, and other people related questions and processes across the full employee lifecycle. You’ll also participate in the ideation and development of employee programs that align with our culture and values.
- Support the overall coordination of bringing a new employee onboard
- Organize and lead new hire orientation; Prepare orientation materials as needed
- Liaise with payroll, finance, IT, to set up new employees in the system in time for start dates
- Manage, schedule and track compliance on key new hire check-ins to support inclusion and engagement of new hires
- Work with the HR team to bring new ideas to the onboarding process that continue to improve the employee experience from Day 1 at Weber Shandwick
Culture & Employee Engagement:
- Ideate, participate and support agency community building programs (i.e. diversity and inclusion, wellness, knowledge sharing opportunities, etc.); own and drive aspects of key programs as assigned
- Work with the HR team to coordinate the Summer internship and Coop programs
Employee Relations and Performance Management:
- Develop a thorough knowledge of our policies and employee programs to expertly support our employees on these matters
- Troubleshoot employee questions and handle with a client service mindset
- Support the HR teams and the agency leaders with the performance management process
- Coordinate the off-boarding process scheduling exit interviews, providing benefits info, processing paperwork
- Review and document employee status changes in systems (new hires, transfers, terminations, etc.)
- Maintain accurate data and pull reports from various HR systems
- Assist in ensuring compliance with federal and state employment laws
- Help to optimize our current process by proactively suggesting new ways to streamline and become more efficient in how we manage our operational systems
- Excited about working in a creative environment with an ability to manage multiple projects and work across teams
- Thrive on creating process and organization
- Curious about our business
- Growth mindset
- Broad knowledge of general HR concepts, practices, and procedures either through internships, work experience or academic experience
- Proficient in Excel and all MS tools and platforms Excel and able to learn new technology and software platforms quickly
Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and, if hired, present proof of vaccination prior to start date, unless eligible for a medical or religious accommodation or other accommodation required under applicable law.
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.