New York, New York, United States
You’re curious, organized, methodical, and proactive. You like to use substantiated data to both identify and solve problems, rather than trust your gut alone.
At Weber Shandwick, we believe being open, aspirational and entrepreneurial is what it takes to engage people and deliver impactful, award-winning work in a rapidly changing environment.
Weber Shandwick is excited to be expanding the insights team. The Analytics Director will be part of the Global Intelligence hub and will be tasked with implementing a number of innovative approaches to solving our clients’ business challenges. The Global Intelligence team is looking for an analytical, yet creative thinker who can translate research and media data into storytelling opportunities for the Communications function. The candidate will support the team in identifying reputationally-defining storytelling opportunities by helping uncover influential voices, trending topics, mapping relationships between key stakeholders and assisting with brand research projects.
We Are Seeking:
The Data Analyst will join the Global Intelligence team to deliver on a series of domestic and international projects core to the marketing and communications objectives of our clients.
We are seeking a strategic thinker with a strong analytical mind to help pulling and analysing data, and extracting deep insights using the systems and tools we are designing in-house and have licensed from third parties. The ideal candidate will have a flexible analytics skillset and deep interest in storytelling using data and research.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Work with Global Intelligence teammates and colleagues from other departments to create visually compelling reporting and insights that allow clients to easily evaluate communications, media, and/or site performance relative to business objectives.
- Data processing of structured and unstructured data by building robust python scripts
- Leveraging of Natural Language Processing for analysis, build data pipelines and deploy data integration solutions
- Work with Business SMEs to obtain a greater understanding of the needs of the business and the types of analysis that supports business goals.
- Work with data providers, client data owners and functional design teams to create the technical specifications and execution methods.
- Use client's standard data analysis and data integration tools and technologies to operationalize the solution
What We Are Looking For:
- A critical thinker that gets stuck-in to problems, and has a knack for systems-thinking.
- A curious troubleshooter that can make do with a little mess, and see the opportunity in cleaning it up later
- An ambitious builder that is looking for datasets and applications that will help them grow their skillset, and work on bigger and bigger problems
- A talented teammate to work with a small but entrepreneurial group to leverage our proprietary tools and data sets to provide unique insights to the world’s leading QSR, finance, travel, energy, CPG, auto and e-commerce brands.
- Bachelor or advanced degree, major in STEM preferred
- Ability to efficiently manipulate and leverage medium- to large-scale data in Python or such
- Ability to implement ML models (NLP related experience is a plus)
- Ability to multi-task and function in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities and tight deadlines
- Rigorous quality control of data and analyses
- Strong capacity to translate data and research into strategic insights and recommendations
- 1-2 years of full-time experience
- Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint, Access (nice to have)
Experience with the following would be a plus:
- SQL, Google BigQuery
- Cloud services experience (Google Cloud Platform, Amazon Web Services)
- Data warehousing, storage, data lake management
Weber Shandwick is a leading global communications and engagement firm in 78 cities with a network extending to 129 cities around the world. The firm’s diverse team of strategists, analysts, producers, designers, developers and campaign activators has won the most prestigious awards in the world for innovative, creative approaches and impactful work. Weber Shandwick was the only public relations agency included on the Advertising Age Agency A-list in 2014 and 2015 and the only PR firm designated an A-List Agency Standout in 2017 and 2018. Weber Shandwick was honored as PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2016 and 2017, The Holmes Report’s Global Agency of the Year in 2010, 2012, 2014, 2015 and 2017, and The Holmes Report’s Global Digital Agency of the Year in 2016. The firm deploys deep expertise across sectors and specialty areas, including consumer marketing, corporate reputation, healthcare, technology, public affairs, financial services, employee engagement, social impact, financial communications and crisis management, using proprietary social, digital and analytics methodologies. Weber Shandwick is part of the Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG). For more information, visit http://www.webershandwick.com.
Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and, if hired, present proof of vaccination prior to start date, unless eligible for a medical or religious accommodation or other accommodation required under applicable law.
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.