SVP, Corporate Affairs
London, England, United Kingdom
Weber Shandwick is looking for a Senior Vice President (SVP) / Director to join our growing Corporate Affairs team in London. The successful applicant will lead a range of some of our most prestigious clients whilst managing and motivating a team to produce high quality, engaging programmes of work for them. You will have responsibility for managing client relationships, providing senior counsel, setting programmes of work and ensuring activity is delivered by the whole client team.
Key areas of expertise and experience will include (some or all of) corporate reputation, media relations, strategic advisory and sustainability.
What will you be doing?
- Play a leadership role in the Corporate Affairs practice and collaborate with other teams across the business to deliver integrated communications solutions for clients
- Conceptualise, develop and deliver commercially astute, insightful reputation management, communications and digital strategies for clients by leading the team and leveraging their capabilities, empowering and supporting them in the delivery of their roles
- Proactively identify new business opportunities and action them by tailoring and leading the best team to respond, converting opportunities to revenue.
- Responsible for proactive prospecting, marketing and networking to build profile and awareness
- Develop, maintain and leverage strong client relationships which result in additional business
Who are you?
- Excellent strategic understanding of both traditional and modern corporate communications, integrating strategic planning, analytics and creative to develop and execute integrated media campaigns
- Proven business development success – from prospecting, to marketing, to owning and winning large pitch opportunities (£350k+ retainers)
- Ability to drive profitable growth at scale, not just on a project basis
- Supportive, inspiring and motivational leader
- Collaborative colleague with senior peer group across the agency
- Incisive, critical thinking: ability to think broadly and objectively about Weber Shandwick – the commercial realities and trends and the nature of client relationships; sound judgment and clear decision making that takes diverse factors into account
- Excellent grasp of clients’ marketplaces, audiences and routes to market
- Organised with ability to juggle multiple and changing priorities
- Personal drive and passion for the industry
The Perks & Benefits:
- Flexible working
- 25 days annual leave (in addition to public holidays
- Personal pension plan
- Early Friday finish
- Online access to 650+ retail discounts
- Group life assurance
- Group income protection
Note from the talent team:
We appreciate the time take to apply for the role and your recent interest in Weber Shandwick. We will review all applications within five working days and be in touch with those who have been shortlisted to the next stage. Unfortunately, due to volume we are not able to get back to everyone individually so if you have not heard back from us unfortunately you have not been successful on this occasion and wish you all the best in your search.
At IPG DXTRA we are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
Other opportunities at Weber Shandwick
Interested in careers at Weber Shandwick but didn’t see a job listed that is right for you? Click the associated link based on your location to submit an application to our Canada, China, Hong Kong, United States and United Kingdom offices. For other locations, please check back as we continue to add new opportunities.