Manager, Client Experience
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Manager, Healthcare Public Affairs
The Weber Shandwick team in Washington, DC is seeking a Manager for our rapidly growing healthcare practice. We are looking for someone who is passionate about healthcare, attuned to health priorities domestically and abroad, invested in health equity and who wants to make a difference for patients around the world. We’re passionate about expanding the boundaries of what we offer our clients by bringing diverse perspectives to the table.
The Manager will work closely with senior leaders in the healthcare practice, as well as with a team of talented junior staff to provide counsel and manage day-to-day workstreams, in addition to serving as a key client contact. The ideal candidate should be a proactive team player who thrives in a fast-paced, always-changing environment.
To be successful in this role, this individual should bring a combination of global and public health experience working across integrated campaigns that make an impact. You must have exceptional project management, writing and communications skills and an ability to translate client needs into action. Experience working across geographies and time zones is a plus. Bottom line: you are an ambitious go-getter who loves a challenge.
- Help manage the day-to-day operations of a multi-faceted, integrated campaigns, including but not limited to research, creative concepting and production, writing, digital communications, social and earned media, paid media.
- Work closely with account senior leadership in the development of healthcare communications campaigns, including coordination among interdisciplinary team of research, creative and media strategists and global Weber Shandwick offices and vendors.
- Support the development of thought leadership content (blogs, fact sheets, reports, social media posts) for global health policy and health care clients on a range subjects.
- Contribute to the development of strategic plans and ongoing campaign recommendations for CDC and other healthcare clients as needed.
- Support campaign analytics and reporting through maintaining client status reports, including materials, media and website analytics trackers.
- Maintain regular client communication.
- Contribute to ongoing business development, particularly in the public health arena. Qualifications
- 4-6 years of experience in health care communications, particularly in public health and/or government contracts.
- Knowledge of health policy issues in the United States and/or global health issues.
- Experience working closely with several types of teams and ability to facilitate cross-functional team integration.
- The ability to manage multiple projects at various stages simultaneously.
- Be a self-starter who works well within a highly collaborative, multi-disciplinary team.
Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and, if hired, present proof of vaccination prior to start date, unless eligible for a medical or religious accommodation or other accommodation required under applicable law.
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.