Senior Associate – Consumer PR
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
The Consumer Practice at Weber Shandwick create world-class work and words got out…Our reputation for delivering engaging communications that strike up conversations between consumer and brands means we're working with an enviable client list across a diverse range of sectors including; entertainment, consumer health, food & drink and beauty.
But we won't stop there! The team is growing and we're looking to bring in a Senior Associate (Senior Account Executive-equivalent) or Associate (Account Executive) with strong media relations experience to bring the heat. As a leading global PR firm and PR Week’s #1 Consumer PR agency in 2021, we can offer you real opportunities for development and somewhere to cultivate your passion.
What will you be doing?
- Developing strong media relationships, proactively identifying and driving media opportunities which support the client’s business objectives
- Meet with key media contacts face to face to form relationships and your little black book and feedback key information
- Building relationships with influencers and working across influencer activation campaigns, as well as bigger integrated campaigns
- Drafting various pieces of content including: press releases and media alerts, media pitches and assisting the team to ensure copy is prepared, approved and submitted in line with deadlines and much more!
Who are you?
Ideally you are already operating at an Account Executive or Senior Account Executive level and have good foundations in the world of PR. You are a positive energy within a team; full of hunger and ready to grow your experience at a world-class agency.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience working on PR campaigns with national consumer brands
- Social media and/or digital experience – and be excited to explore the ample opportunities to develop these areas of the business
- Strong communications and client-handling skills and meticulous attention to detail
- Be happy presenting – whether internally or to a client
- Be able to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing.
The Perks & Benefits:
- 25 days holiday + 2 extra days at Christmas
- Flexible working and remote working opportunities every week
- Employee wellbeing perks including things like; EAP mental health support, free membership to Headspace meditation
- Discounted gym membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- Summer and Christmas company parties (re-imagined under COVID19)
- Pension scheme
- Access to health insurance
A note from the talent team:
We appreciate the time take to apply for the role and your recent interest in Weber Shandwick. We will review all applications within five working days and be in touch with those who have been shortlisted to the next stage. Unfortunately, due to volume we are not able to get back to everyone individually so if you have not heard back from us unfortunately you have not been successful on this occasion and wish you all the best in your search.
At IPG DXTRA we are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.