Senior Manager (Corporate Affairs)
Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
Weber Shandwick is looking for a Senior Manager to join our Corporate Affairs team in Scotland. The successful applicant will act as a day-to-day lead for a range of some of our most prestigious clients whilst managing and motivating a team to produce high quality, engaging programmes of work for them.
We are looking for an experienced corporate communications professional who has a strong background in consultancy alongside commercial awareness and an entrepreneurial spirit. You will be given significant flexibility and support, to shape and develop the role as you work on existing clients and help lead new business in the future.
The core of the role
You will be the day-to-day lead on some of our clients in the energy and industrial sectors. You will have responsibility for managing client relationships, providing senior counsel, setting programmes of work and ensuring activity is delivered by the whole client team.
Key areas of expertise and experience will include corporate reputation, media relations, strategic advisory, stakeholder engagement and crisis and issues management.
What will you be doing?
- Lead the delivery of a high profile accounts across multiple markets
- Develop and grow positive relationships with clients, maintaining the company's reputation in terms of delivery and quality
- Provide strategic counsel, being able to assess problems and define logical and effective solutions with an intellectual approach
- Work with specialist colleagues in the integrated media, public affairs and strategy teams to deliver integrated solutions for clients
- Apply a data-driven, human-led approach to developing strategy by working closely with the analytics team
- Plan and activate results-oriented campaigns for a wide variety of objectives, across a number of channels
- Brief and inform account teams. Communicate expectations/goals to the team on an ongoing basis, helping to keep the team motivated by communicating clear tasks and actions
- Contribute innovative ideas for the client and new business work, inspiring ideation amongst team members
- Contribute to marketing efforts to secure a steady pipeline of new business opportunities.
- Help to develop and mentor junior members of the team.
Who are you?
- Your experience combines high-stakes issues management, stakeholder and media engagement with a specialism in corporate communications.
- An excellent communicator, you will build connections quickly with the people around you
- Strategic mindset – you will be someone who understands the power of communications to solve complex problems, and can translate that into a clear strategic roadmap.
- A prolific consumer of media, you’re on top of current affairs and emerging trends, allowing you to help clients anticipate issues and opportunities.
- Driven by data and the power of analytics to help inform strategic direction
- Proven project management skills, leading multiple teams, as well as interagency, to deliver work that is on brief, on time, and on budget
- Strong commercial acumen and ability to ensure profitability, avoiding over-servicing
- First-rate presentation skills; accomplished at delivering successful pitches
- Curious, with a drive to integrate the latest thinking in our industry to deliver first-rate work for our clients
- A keen observer of the Scottish political landscape, with a knowledge of the major players
- Experience in energy and industrials preferred.
Weber Shandwick is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.