Senior Associate, Media Relations
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
The Consumer Practice at Weber Shandwick Minneapolis has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Associate, Integrated Media / Media Relations to join our team. We are looking for a collaboration-minded person with excellent expertise in successfully engaging media professionals, as well as digital/social media skills to help support a variety of accounts.
• Develop public relations and media relations action plans, including goals and objectives, media targets, pitch angles and engagement approaches that require input from senior team leadership
•Acting in a client-facing role by drafting client communications, actively participating in calls, managing updates and owning account management deliverables such as status reports and recap notes
• Provide input on influencer relations marketing campaigns and tactics
• Persuasively pitch media and earn high-profile coverage for clients
• Serve as a day-to-day client contact during program execution, as appropriate
• Develop and manage timelines and weekly action plans to ensure all deadlines on client programs are met
• Break down and manage detailed tasks with the account team associated with planning and implementing special public relations events
• Anticipate and proactively offer solutions to senior team leadership for executional issues specific to assigned programs
• Coach and mentor more junior team members
• Interact with senior management and input into tactics and strategies
• Manage program and project budgets
• 4+ years of communications experience, preferably in an agency environment
• Strong media and influencer relations skills and relationships at the national, regional and trade/vertical level
• Previous consumer packaged goods and related industries experience
• Excellent communication/presentation skills; verbal and written
• Strong attention to detail and project management skills
• Open to giving and receiving constructive and respectful feedback in a timely manner
• Desire to continuously learn new skills and knowledge, and willingness to always share skills and knowledge with team members as well as clients
• Commitment to personal accountability
• Ability to multi-task effectively and work within tight deadlines
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team to meet deadlines and client expectations
• Ability to find solutions, pivot quickly and adapt program efforts
• At least a Bachelor’s degree preferably in communications, journalism, international relations, or a related field
About Weber Shandwick
Weber Shandwick is a leading global communications network that delivers next-generation solutions to brands, businesses and organizations in major markets around the world. Led by world-class strategic and creative thinkers and activators, we have won some of the most prestigious awards in the industry. Weber Shandwick was named to Ad Age’s Agency A-List in 2020 and Best Places to Work in 2019. Weber Shandwick was also honored as PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018, and PRovoke’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2017 and 2019. The firm earned 25 Lions at the 2019 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity. Data-led, with earned ideas at the core, the agency deploys leading and emerging technologies to inform strategy, develop critical insights and heighten impact across sectors and specialty areas, including brand and B2B marketing, healthcare marketing, change management, employee engagement, corporate reputation, crisis management, data and analytics, technology, public affairs, social impact and financial communications. Weber Shandwick is part of the Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG). For more information, visit http://www.webershandwick.com
Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and, if hired, present proof of vaccination prior to start date, unless eligible for a medical or religious accommodation or other accommodation required under applicable law.
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.