New York, New York, United States
Weber Shandwick New York is seeking a creative, passionate and diverse thinker to join us as a Senior Copywriter. You'll help set the tone for a growing and innovative team of quick-pivot writers, art directors and designers (whether remotely or in-person). We build brands, move needles and produce Emmy award-winning work for some of the area's most well-known organizations.
We're looking for well-rounded, immersive creators who can adapt to any platform or media to tell a great story. If there's a medium that gets people engaged in our brands' stories, we're on it.
You'll have the chance to work closely with the North American Weber Shandwick network in solving regional and global creative challenges. Our network taps you into some of the world's top creative minds, brands and valuable resources for developing your creative career.
The candidate must be comfortable directly engaging with clients and bringing their creative ideas to life. Working with some of the most talented copywriters and designers, this candidate must meet the following criteria:
- Help drive overall creative direction.
- Craft overall campaign messaging direction, maintaining consistency.
- Write short- and long-form copy including concept manifesto, emails, direct response, digital/social copy, audio and video scripts, pitch documents and a range of campaign material.
- Play a lead role in video and audio production.
- Adhere to multiple brand voices, often on the same day.
- Take direction and work collaboratively with colleagues across teams.
- Help develop long-term creative plans and recommendations for client objectives.
- Join client meetings, brainstorms and planning sessions for ongoing projects.
- Present your work comfortably and confidently in client and new business pitches.
- Build and maintain strong rapport with creative team colleagues, client leads and project managers.
- Cultivate an inclusive culture as a part of the team that values trust, honesty, and team accountability towards defined goals and results
- 5+ years of copywriting experience in a related agency, department or industry (advertising, digital, social media, publishing/content or public relations).
- An impressive portfolio that shows your diversity of writing skillsets.
- Be curious, self-motivated, hard-working, well-organized, thick-skinned and resilient to ever-changing timelines, requests, and deliverables.
- Demonstrate the drive to learn and incorporate new and emerging techniques, trends and philosophies in design, technology, interaction and social media.
- Advanced knowledge of brand development, marketing/advertising, and the creative process.
- Experience in B2B marketing
- Experience managing junior creatives and working closely with other writers and art directors, and designers
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Powerpoint and Adobe Creative Suite.
NOTE: If you are selected for an interview, please come prepared to discuss and showcase your copywriting skills and walk through your conceptual/strategic creative approach to assignments (show us how your brain works). Use whatever work or case studies necessary to represent these areas of expertise best.
Weber Shandwick is a leading global communications and marketing services firm in 78 cities with a network extending to 128 cities around the world. The firm's diverse team of strategists, analysts, producers, designers, developers and campaign activators has won the most prestigious awards in the world for innovative, creative approaches and impactful work. Weber Shandwick was the only public relations agency included on the Advertising Age Agency A-list in 2014 and 2015 and the only PR firm designated an A-List Agency Standout in 2017 and 2018. Weber Shandwick was honored as PRWeek's Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018, The Holmes Report's Global Agency of the Year in 2010, 2012, 2014, 2015 and 2017, and The Holmes Report's Global Digital Agency of the Year in 2016. The firm deploys deep expertise across sectors and specialty areas, including consumer marketing, corporate reputation, healthcare, technology, public affairs, financial services, employee engagement, social impact, financial communications and crisis management, using proprietary social, digital and analytics methodologies. Weber Shandwick is part of the Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG). For more information, visit http://www.webershandwick.com.
Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and, if hired, present proof of vaccination prior to start date, unless eligible for a medical or religious accommodation or other accommodation required under applicable law.
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.