Senior Art Director
New York, New York, United States
SENIOR ART DIRECTOR
Weber Shandwick New York is seeking a creative, passionate and diverse thinker to join us as a Senior Art Director. You'll help set the tone for a growing and innovative team of quick-pivot writers, art directors and designers (whether remotely or in-person). We build brands, move needles and produce Emmy award-winning work for some of the area's most well-known organizations.
We're looking for well-rounded, immersive creators who can adapt to any platform or media to visualize a great story. If there's a medium that gets people engaged in our brands' stories, we're on it. You'll have the chance to work closely with the North American Weber Shandwick network in solving regional and global creative challenges. Our network taps you into some of the world's top creative minds, brands and valuable resources for developing your creative career.
The candidate must be comfortable directly engaging with clients and bringing their creative ideas to life. Working with some of the most talented copywriters and designers, this candidate must meet the following criteria:
- Create design solutions that meet or exceed strategic objectives.
- Develop strong video, print and digital design for a wide range of assignments, including branding, social content, layout, storyboarding, mockups, infographics, presentations, print collateral and signage.
- Use experience in social media to incorporate creative/design/layout best practices for Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, LinkedIn, YouTube and others.
- Ensure all visual design adheres to existing brand guidelines.
- Wear multiple hats: contingent on your skills, there will be times when you must drive the creative/design process by playing the role of producer, re-toucher, illustrator, photographer, etc.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues across teams.
- Present your work comfortably and confidently in client and new business pitches.
- Join client meetings, brainstorms and planning sessions for ongoing projects.
- Build and maintain strong rapport with creative team colleagues, client leads and project managers
- Cultivate an inclusive culture as a part of the team that values trust, honesty, and team accountability towards defined goals and results
- 5+ years of art direction and/or design experience in a related agency department or industry (advertising, digital, social media, publishing/content or public relations).
- Ability to work quickly, efficiently, and accurately within all required aspects of the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator) as well as presentation software (PowerPoint); any After Effects animation skills will be utilized.
- Be curious, self-motivated, hard-working, well-organized, thick-skinned and resilient to ever-changing timelines, requests, and deliverables.
- Ongoing drive to learn and incorporate new and emerging techniques, trends and philosophies in design, technology, interaction and social media.
- Education in advertising design and conceptual thinking is preferred.
- Bonus skills: illustration, photography, retouching, filmmaking, videography, editorial, animation, HTML.
- Experience managing junior creatives and working closely with other designers and copywriters.
NOTE: If you are selected for an interview, please come prepared to discuss and showcase your art direction portfolio, and walk through your conceptual/strategic creative approach to assignments (show us how your brain works). Use whatever work or case studies necessary to best represent these areas of expertise.
Weber Shandwick is a leading global communications and marketing services firm in 78 cities with a network extending to 128 cities around the world. The firm's diverse team of strategists, analysts, producers, designers, developers and campaign activators has won the most prestigious awards in the world for innovative, creative approaches and impactful work. Weber Shandwick was the only public relations agency included on the Advertising Age Agency A-list in 2014 and 2015 and the only PR firm designated an A-List Agency Standout in 2017 and 2018. Weber Shandwick was honored as PRWeek's Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018, The Holmes Report's Global Agency of the Year in 2010, 2012, 2014, 2015 and 2017, and The Holmes Report's Global Digital Agency of the Year in 2016. The firm deploys deep expertise across sectors and specialty areas, including consumer marketing, corporate reputation, healthcare, technology, public affairs, financial services, employee engagement, social impact, financial communications and crisis management, using proprietary social, digital and analytics methodologies. Weber Shandwick is part of the Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG). For more information, visit http://www.webershandwick.com.
Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and, if hired, present proof of vaccination prior to start date, unless eligible for a medical or religious accommodation or other accommodation required under applicable law.
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.