Director, Analytics & Applied Data Science (FTC)
London, England, United Kingdom
Weber Shandwick is looking for a FTC Director to join our Analytics & Data Science team. This is an opportunity to work with the EMEA team based in London.
With the agency shifting towards data-led products and increased demand from our clients we are growing at pace. There is a huge opportunity to grow professionally whilst working with some brilliant thinkers applying analytics and data science in a business context. Working with various tools and methodologies, the Director will get first-hand exposure to clients and their business problems.
You will be joining an eclectic bunch of people
In the Analytics & Data Science team, we have diverse backgrounds and expertise, speak many languages and bring this variety together in the work we do as a team. As the EMEA hub we get to have experience with clients in the UK and globally, championing insight and analysis in decision-making to enable real business performance.
What will you be doing?
It really is never boring in our team. The type of analytics work we do covers:
- Statistical modelling and machine learning
- Data visualisation / Business intelligence
- Data pipelines and data warehouse
- Conversation analysis
- Audience insights / profiling
- Campaign reports
- Multichannel reports
- Website analytics
On a day-to-day basis, our main aim is to identify patterns in data which will provide useful insights to our clients. We channel our positive attitude, critical thinking and analytical mind-sets to solve our client’s problems, provide inputs into strategy and see opportunities not visible without data and insights. Depending on scope and requirements we work together or individually to identify insight from large datasets (using NLP and/or machine learning) and develop data science and analytics products aimed to solve our clients’ business challenges, consolidate processes and revolutionise how we approach our work.
You will work closely with Insight Analysts, Data Scientists, Data Analysts and Data Engineers to help solve our clients’ business challenges with clear insights based on data and analysis, support product launches and roadmaps by leading a team.
Who are you?
- Demonstrable hands-on knowledge and experience of marketing science methodologies deployed in media and communications planning
- Experience of delivering analytics projects that involve with either reporting, social media monitoring or digital tools such as: TalkWalker, Sysomos, Brandwatch, Visible, Spredfast, Crimson Hexagon, Quid, GWI, TGI, Tubular and Audiense
- Excellent communications skills with strong presence and ability to deliver compelling presentations
- Ability to bring analytics to life in creative ways to engage and excite a range of different business stakeholders at different levels
- Experience leading and managing teams with varied skills
- Solid experience in SQL and Python
- Delivery experience in some of the following domains: NLP, Deep Learning, Learn-to-Rank, Recommender Systems, Regression, Classification, Clustering
- Experience with machine learning packages such as PyTorch, TensorFlow, Keras, scikit-learn and Spark Mllib is a big plus
- Knowledge (ideally experience) with cloud technologies such as GCP and PaaS (e.g. Docker)
- Ability to work with data engineers to design and develop data intensive solutions
- Experience managing multiple projects with tight deadlines
- Experience with big data technologies (e.g. Hive, Hadoop, Spark, Cloud Dataproc, Cloud, Cloud Dataflow), databases (e.g. BigQuery, Cloud SQL, Cloud Data Store)
- Experience in writing production grade code, unit tests, using version control
- Experience in A/B hypothesis testing (confidence intervals and p-values, linear regression to generalised additive models, time series)
Note From The Talent Team
We appreciate the time taken to apply for the role and your recent interest in Weber Shandwick. We will review all applications within five working days and be in touch with those who have been shortlisted to the next stage. Unfortunately, due to volume we are not able to get back to everyone individually so if you have not heard back from us in 3 weeks, you have not been successful on this occasion, and we wish you all the best in your search.
At IPG DXTRA we are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.