Vice President, Channel Strategy
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Your inputs: Data and research of all types
Your outputs: Message & channel architectures built by combining rigorous data analysis with cross-platform creativity.
You’re curious, organized, methodical, and proactive. You like to use substantiated data to both identify and solve problems, rather than trust your gut alone, but you also have a flair for thinking creatively about innovative uses of platforms and channels. You have a background in advocacy, public affairs, politics, or performance campaigns. You want to use your diverse superpowers to help shape media, creative, technology, and analytics strategies to drive actions in the digital space. If this sounds like you, let’s talk.
Weber Shandwick is seeking a proven communications planning professional with deep experience in using the latest digital media analytics & data collection tools to lead the development of communications frameworks encompassing audiences, channel strategies, messaging strategies, and measurement for integrated media campaigns. This colleague will facilitate the day-to-day operations across creative, media, and analytics for clients in the healthcare and pharmaceutical vertical with a focus on driving advocacy and acquisition via digital media. This individual will also heavily contribute to the development of the Integrated Communications Planning practice in the DC office. This position will report to an SVP, Integrated Communications Planning.
- Develop integrated communications plans that solve for various communication objectives
- Collaborate closely with internal and inter-agency teams to construct holistic plans which fully encapsulate all necessary work streams to execute campaigns
- Provide ultimate oversight of all deliverables to the client including strategy, creative, integrated media (paid, owned, and earned), and analytics
- Distill research and data into logical analyses, insights and actionable recommendations in straightforward and simple language.
- Oversee a unique capability that leverages various data sources to identify communications threats and opportunities for our clients, and determine the appropriate strategic actions necessary to accelerate or nullify those threats/opportunities as appropriate
- Partner closely with analytics teams to establish KPIs, goals and insights on an ongoing basis, and distill those into actionable next steps for creative and media work streams
- Participate in new business pitch development and presentations
- Develop staff in various aspects of communications planning, as well as mentorship of staff executing work
- Identify and participate in thought leadership opportunities to help promote the firm’s communications planning capabilities
- Develop effective and persuasive presentations and memos demonstrating the value of our work for internal teams, client teams, and senior internal & external stakeholders
Qualifications and Requirements:
- A demonstrated ability to lead and execute projects using data to think creatively, solve problems, and develop a narrative
- Experience directing and developing teams of various skill sets and seniority, particularly for advocacy or other performance-oriented campaigns
- Experience managing and growing client relationships at a senior level
- Experience developing & executing communications strategies based on an audience decision journey
- Strong background in using analytics tools & platforms to inform insights that direct strategies for clients
- Strong familiarity with digital platforms & channels with respect to how they impact an audience decision journey, particularly as it pertains to driving online actions and/or advocacy.
- Experience with syndicated research tools such as Simmons and ComScore, Social Listening tools such as Talkwalker and Brandwatch, and data visualization tools such as Tableau and Google Data Studio
- Advanced skills in Excel and PowerPoint
- Confident presenter and persuasive speaker
- Bachelors degree or Higher
- Minimum of 7 years of experience, ideally in an agency or consulting environment
- Experience in the health care industry (public health agencies, insurers or pharmaceutical industry preferred)
- Understanding of advanced statistical methodologies including linear, binary and logistic regression; familiarity with machine learning techniques, particularly natural language processing, and ability to consider unique application of these methodologies to our work
- 10 years of experience in an agency or consulting environment leading digital advocacy, public affairs, or political campaigns with a focus on digital acquisition and performance in a health care setting
- Advanced education degree (MBA, MA)
Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and, if hired, present proof of vaccination prior to start date, unless eligible for a medical or religious accommodation or other accommodation required under applicable law.
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.