Analytics Director – Performance Measurement
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Analytics Director – Performance Measurement
At Weber Shandwick, we believe being open, aspirational and entrepreneurial is what it takes to engage people and deliver impactful, award-winning work in a rapidly changing environment.
Weber Shandwick is excited to be expanding the insights team. The Analytics Director will be part of the Global Intelligence group and will be tasked with implementing a number of innovative approaches to solving our clients’ business challenges. The Global Intelligence team is looking for an analytical, yet creative thinker who can translate research and media data into storytelling opportunities. The candidate will an effective communicator, and support the team in identifying reputationally-defining storytelling opportunities by helping uncover influential voices, trending topics, mapping relationships between key stakeholders and assisting with brand research projects. They will be critical in leading performance measurement initiatives, be familiar with digital platforms and have experience analyzing campaign performance.
- Help us learn more about where, when and how people engage with branded stories. Use analytical tools to identify new media, influencer opportunities and identify emerging trends.
- Lead execution of analyses leveraging social, web and earned media analytical tools, uncovering new storytelling angles and emerging issues.
- Develop presentations for brand research projects, including connecting the dots between the team’s general public research, media analyses, and brand and product storytelling opportunities. Candidate must be able to discover actionable insights to help inform Communications planning and targeted audience strategies.
- Create measurement frameworks and deploy learning plans to uncover opportunities to improve performance; help develop reporting processes and provide oversight for analysis efforts.
- Candidate will assist with project management needs, including maintaining project timelines, ensuring high quality of deliverables, developing scope of works and assisting with purchasing contracts as needed.
- Manage 1-2 FTE, lead integrated projects with analysts in distributed offices.
- Leverage sound logic and analytical skills to help determine earned engagement strategies.
- Experience using social listening tools and marketing analytics software. Experience with tools such as Talkwalker, Google Analytics, Domo/Tableau, and/or advanced Excel techniques is a plus.
- Manage multiple priorities, work in a dynamic environment and deliver under demanding timeframes.
- Bachelor’s degree in statistics, math, economics or related quantitative field; experience in communications, marketing, business, journalism or equivalent preferred
- 8+ years of public relations, journalism or integrated marketing communications experience
- Experience using measurement to drive business decisions
- Analytics and research knowledge
- Proficient in MS Office products
- Strong analytical, writing and data visualization skills
- Audience research and analytics experience
- Experience working with data visualization software, such as Tableau
About Weber Shandwick
Weber Shandwick is a leading global communications network that delivers next-generation solutions to brands, businesses and organizations in major markets around the world. Led by world-class strategic and creative thinkers and activators, we have won some of the most prestigious awards in the industry. Weber Shandwick was named to Ad Age’s Agency A-List in 2020 and Best Places to Work in 2019. Weber Shandwick was also honored as PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018, and PRovoke’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2017 and 2019. The firm earned 25 Lions at the 2019 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity. Data-led, with earned ideas at the core, the agency deploys leading and emerging technologies to inform strategy, develop critical insights and heighten impact across sectors and specialty areas, including brand and B2B marketing, healthcare marketing, change management, employee engagement, corporate reputation, crisis management, data and analytics, technology, public affairs, social impact and financial communications. Weber Shandwick is part of the Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG). For more information, visit http://www.webershandwick.com
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.