Public Relations Account Manager, Healthcare Practice
San Francisco, California, United States
Manager, Client Experience, Healthcare (Public Relations Account Manager Equivalent)
Are you a big thinker? A great account manager? A great writer? We’re currently seeking a Manager, Client Experience to join our Healthcare team who is passionate about healthcare and making a difference in the lives of patients living with various diseases and conditions. As a Manager, you will work closely with senior and junior staff members across several teams to provide counsel and manage day-to-day work, in addition to serving as a key client contact.
As a successful Manager, you will be a strong leader with excellent writing and communications skills and an ability to translate client needs into project plans. You will also help develop and implement engagement campaigns for a variety of healthcare clients, including pharmaceutical companies. Ideally, you should have agency/consulting or related experience with a background in healthcare communications, specifically pharmaceutical experience.
- Contribute to account team implementation of agreed-upon programs, ensuring quality standards are met and desired results are delivered on-budget.
- Manage project management initiatives.
- Help manage development and revision of tools, ensuring all activities are moving forward and are within deadlines.
- Leverage traditional media as well as influencers and digital/emerging technologies for PR programming.
- Assist in developing a range of external and media materials including press releases, key message documents, pitches, social media content, etc.
- Support event and activation logistics in a variety of settings.
- Assist in setting and meeting campaign measurement and evaluation criteria.
- Assist in financial management for clients, including development of invoices and activity reports.
- Pharmaceutical communications experience (desired)
- Experience with pharmaceutical regulatory process (desired)
- Fluency and/or familiarity with digital and social media
- Experience working on multi-disciplinary (holistic) communication initiatives
- Strong budgeting and financial management skills
- Experience with clients and accounts that are measurement and evaluation driven
- Strong presentation skills, poise, and professionalism
- At least 3 years’ experience in public relations at an agency or corporate in-house (healthcare experience required)
- BA or BS in Public Relations, Communications, or in a related field
Weber Shandwick is a leading global communications network that delivers next-generation solutions to brands, businesses and organizations in major markets around the world. Led by world-class strategic and creative thinkers and activators, we have won some of the most prestigious awards in the industry. Weber Shandwick was named to Ad Age’s Agency A-List in 2020 and Best Places to Work in 2019. Weber Shandwick was also honored as PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018, and PRovoke’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2017 and 2019. The firm earned 25 Lions at the 2019 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity. Data-led, with earned ideas at the core, the agency deploys leading and emerging technologies to inform strategy, develop critical insights and heighten impact across sectors and specialty areas, including brand and B2B marketing, healthcare marketing, change management, employee engagement, corporate reputation, crisis management, data and analytics, technology, public affairs, social impact and financial communications. Weber Shandwick is part of the Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG). For more information, visit http://www.webershandwick.com
Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and, if hired, present proof of vaccination prior to start date, unless eligible for a medical or religious accommodation or other accommodation required under applicable law.
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
Other opportunities at Weber Shandwick
Interested in careers at Weber Shandwick but didn’t see a job listed that is right for you? Click the associated link based on your location to submit an application to our Canada, China, Hong Kong, United States and United Kingdom offices. For other locations, please check back as we continue to add new opportunities.