Vice President, Strategic Planning
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
JOB DESCRIPTION: VP of STRATEGY (BALTIMORE/WASHINGTON, DC)
Looking for an entrepreneurial leadership opportunity within the walls (or virtual walls) of a global, award-winning agency? Weber Shandwick is seeking an experienced creative strategist to build a new practice that can drive insight-led creative thinking across a range of regional advertising and social impact accounts in its boutique Baltimore office. This leader will also partner with strategists in the Washington, DC office and across North America on high-impact, global client opportunities. It’s the best of big and small. New and established. Independence and collaboration. Big brands and small non-profits.
About you: You are endlessly curious about consumer mindsets and the drivers of behavior change. You’re savvy to the nuances of public affairs and passionate about inspiring smart creative work. You think and write clearly, and you understand diverse media platforms and technology. You are able to frame a problem, develop succinct “ah ha” insights, and explain what it all means in a compelling story. You’re open-minded, battle-tested, inclusive and empathetic. And ideally, you’re based in the Baltimore/Washington, DC region, with an openness to a hybrid work model in 2022.
Here’s a snapshot of the role:
- Work with regional strategy lead and office head to nurture strategy function in Baltimore office.
- Develop creative briefs for TV spots, digital campaigns and earned media activations
- Craft and deliver winning new business and client presentations
- Assist in the crafting and evaluation of primary quantitative and qualitative research to segment audiences, identify influencers and uncover insights
- Collaborate with precision marketing data partners and internal and external agency partners
- Read endlessly and understand fast-moving social and cultural issues
- Leverage emerging insights and events to re-shape assignments, and optimize campaign strategies based on performance data
- Use subscription data tools and partner with data analytics experts when it makes sense, and gets scrappy the rest of the time
- Actively contribute to client meetings, creative brainstorms and strategy sessions
- Cultivate fruitful relationships with key decision-makers across the business including creative and digital strategists, research/analytics experts, and account teams
- Serve as a senior member of the regional strategic planning team, and mentor talented and eager junior staff
If you’re interested in building something new and impactful, with the kind support of experienced teammates, please reach out.
Moving beyond public relations, our creators, strategists and technologists craft campaigns that do more than grab attention – they demand interaction and generate long-term value for our clients around the world. Weber Shandwick was named PRovoke’s 2020 Agency of the Decade and to Ad Age’s 2020 Agency A-List. Our (now remote) Baltimore office specializes in regional and b-to-b advertising, and is relocating to the Natty Boh Tower in the Canton neighborhood in January. The office partners closely with our larger Washington, DC office, which houses our social impact and public affairs practices, along with a diverse mix of subject matter experts and digital, creative and insight leaders.
Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and, if hired, present proof of vaccination prior to start date, unless eligible for a medical or religious accommodation or other accommodation required under applicable law.
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.