Chicago, Illinois, United States
You’re curious, organized, methodical, and proactive. You like to use substantiated data to both identify and solve problems, rather than trust your gut alone.
As a core capability of global communications powerhouse Weber Shandwick, we are leveraging leading-edge data science and performance analysis approaches and development tools to uncover critical insights derived from the world’s most important digital, social, and e-commerce platforms. Working together with our partners in strategic and communications planning, we provide unparalleled access and a 360-degree view into the entire marketing and communications cycle to enterprise, SMB and consumer prospects and customers.
Our clients span five continents, and their consumers are everywhere. The systems and tools we are designing will be one of a kind and unique in their value to meet the global marketplace's current and future needs.
We Are Seeking:
The Analytics Director will join the Chicago Global Intelligence team to focus on delivering insightful and impactful analytics core to the marketing and communications objectives of our clients. Ideal candidates will be excited about evangelizing for the analytics discipline and fluent in the various technologies, platforms and best practices that define the online communications and marketing space.
The position will directly report to and work with the Chicago office but may support teams across all North American practice areas. This position will be dedicated to several of Weber Shandwick’s largest and most important client relationships.
In this role, you will be a key contributor to Weber Shandwick’s Global Intelligence team, tasked with implementing and developing innovative measurement strategies, leading business intelligence efforts, mentoring a team of junior team members and executing analyses designed to drive deep understanding of consumer behavior and communications performance.
- Work with stakeholders to prioritize business and information needs and align with the stakeholders on the scope/budget required. Lead and manage multiple projects for various clients from concept to completion.
- Develop and create baseline analyses, working with multiple data sources to optimize statistical efficiency and quality.
- Work with data analysts to optimize statistical techniques and plan for ongoing reports.
- Develop report structure, data visualization and insights to deliver strategic recommendations.
- Identify analytical needs by synthesizing information through research and collaboration with various internal or external stakeholders.
- Work with team of business analysts to interpret data and analyze results using statistical techniques and data storytelling.
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets.
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities.
- Maintain strong knowledge of both well-established and new-to-market digital marketing analytics tools and platforms. Use that knowledge to continuous inform and enhance the work.
- Evangelize the use of data to inform decision-making at all levels internally and externally with clients and other agency partners.
- Provide hands-on consultancy, collaboration and support to clients and project teams in designing, budgeting, staffing, and delivering analytics work.
- Create visually compelling presentations of reporting and insights that allow a client to easily evaluate performance relative to their business objectives.
- Develop and apply strategic measurement frameworks to form the basis of ongoing performance assessment and optimization across paid, earned and owned channels.
Skills and Experience:
- Proven track record of being a self-starter and team player.
- Demonstrated skill in being consultative and persuasive, especially with clients – able to challenge the status quo to gain adoption or alignment.
- Passion for empirical research and developing data-driven solutions to complex business questions.
- Experience leading and producing work for a marketing analytics program.
- Ability to communicate complex quantitative analyses clearly.
- Proficiency with paid, owned and earned aspects of digital content management, including social media, site analytics and search.
- Experience working on analytics for a communications program with paid, owned and earned media components.
- Able to leverage scripting to automate analyses, data cleansing or data integration tasks.
- Experience with relational databases and statistical analysis/programming languages such as SAS, SQL, R or Python.
- Strong experience with data visualization tools including but not limited to: Tableau, Google Data Studio, Domo, Excel, etc.
- Expertise with site analytics and social platforms including: Adobe, Google, Facebook, Twitter.
- Experience producing reporting and insights for paid, owned and earned digital content.
- Experience with A/B/and MVT testing/optimization for site and social media content.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Comfort with working in and contributing to a fast-paced, team environment.
- Demonstrated project management experience.
- Experienced in leading and/or mentoring junior team members.
- Strong foundation in mathematical and statistical concepts and metrics.
- Proficiency with data cleaning, natural language processing, machine learning, artificial intelligence, visualization, network analysis, and distributed computing.
- Experience using media/marketing intelligence, social listening or other research tools such as: Brandwatch, Meltwater, Cision, Quid, Affinio, Comscore or Mintel.
- Bachelors, Masters, or Ph.D.
- 6-8 years of experience in Marketing Science, Marketing Analytics, Data Science or Performance Marketing fields.
- Fluent oral and written English communication skills.
- Authorized to work in the US.
Significant experience using PowerPoint to effectively communicate ideas and insights
About Weber Shandwick
Weber Shandwick is a leading global communications network that delivers next-generation solutions to brands, businesses and organizations in major markets around the world. Led by world-class strategic and creative thinkers and activators, we have won some of the most prestigious awards in the industry. Weber Shandwick was named to Ad Age’s Agency A-List in 2020 and Best Places to Work in 2019. Weber Shandwick was also honored as PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018, and PRovoke’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2017 and 2019. The firm earned 25 Lions at the 2019 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity. Data-led, with earned ideas at the core, the agency deploys leading and emerging technologies to inform strategy, develop critical insights and heighten impact across sectors and specialty areas, including brand and B2B marketing, healthcare marketing, change management, employee engagement, corporate reputation, crisis management, data and analytics, technology, public affairs, social impact and financial communications. Weber Shandwick is part of the Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG). For more information, visit http://www.webershandwick.com
Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and, if hired, present proof of vaccination prior to start date, unless eligible for a medical or religious accommodation or other accommodation required under applicable law
eber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.