Manager, Client Experience
Detroit, Michigan, United States
One of the most exciting wonders of the automotive business is their proving ground – the place where top-secret development and testing happens. It’s the campus where engineers, designers and executives test and evaluate their vehicles; it’s where new vehicles are put through their paces; where photography and video of future vehicles takes place and where media and guests are hosted for events. The campus covers more than 4,000 acres, has more than 4,500 staff and 170 buildings.
We’re looking for a candidate who has two distinct skills to support this position.
- An ability to write – whether it’s newsletters, campus-wide communications, internal communications missives, safety bulletins, or PowerPoint slides.
- A strong facility for massive event coordination, and a well-honed ability to work with partners across the enterprise to make the event successful.
You’ll have exposure to the top levels of this OEM leadership, event companies, communications leadership and more. The ability to communicate concisely, multi-task and be known for quick responsiveness is part and parcel to this job. Finally, exposure to highly-confidential information means this role is built on one of trust.
- Communications lead embedded with automotive clients.
- Coordinate all photo, video and event requests on campus.
- Position works closely with site leadership, safety, facilities and security.
- Opportunities include media programs, leadership meetings, internal recognitions, ribbon cuttings, executive drives, campus tours and vehicle reveals across client’s full portfolio.
- Manage campus internal communications site, including story mining and writing news stories for 4,500+ resident employees.
- Site aligns closely with other southeast Michigan campuses and corporate news page.
- Work closely with communications counterpart on facility, safety, medical and environmental announcements.
- Support external community outreach including volunteer opportunities and grant giving.
- Craft business plan communications messaging and support rollout throughout campus.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Event planning.
- Ability to balance multiple high-profile projects at once.
- Willing to adapt and change direction with short notice.
- Work independently.
- Proven writing ability
- Proven event coordination
- Ability to work with and manage all levels of colleagues from executives to hourly employees
- This is an on-site postion in Milford, Michigan
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.