New York, New York, United States
Editor, Technology – New York
We are seeking a dynamic and motivated technology writer/editor to work with a team of graphic designers, social media managers, and integrated media specialists on behalf of our major tech clients.
This person will work with internal team members and clients to determine client objectives and develop and activate a comprehensive, multi-channel content strategy to meet those goals. An ideal candidate will have a passion for telling strategic and creative stories on deadline, be familiar with digital storytelling across earned, owned, and paid media, and have subject matter expertise in technology.
The Ideal Candidate Would Have:
- 3-5 years of editorial experience at a media or online publishing company
- A proven track record of working under daily, weekly, and monthly deadlines
- Excellent editing, writing, and grammatical skills
- A keen sense of news value and editorial judgment, especially in the technology beat
- Subject matter expertise in technology, including AI, cloud computing and quantum computing
- Experience writing, reporting and interviewing
- Ability to develop content strategies, including setting goals, determining audiences, perform research and competitor audits, choose channels, and developing editorial calendars
- Ability to develop creative story ideas and an eagerness to execute on them
- Be able to write sharp, engaging copy on a variety of technology topics, in a variety of voices for different audiences and in a variety of content types
- Knowledge of multimedia storytelling
- A clear ability to work autonomously, with solid decision-making skills and the ability to identify concerns and issues
- Can communicate effectively with clients and internal team members
- Can demonstrate a thorough understanding of web publishing from site structure to overseeing asset management; from editing copy to producing content on publishing platforms (WordPress, Expression Engine, etc.).
What You Will Do:
- Analyze technology client objectives and audiences to determine content channels, and types.
- Create editorial workflows, develop content calendars, and report on content results.
- Generate and help produce technology story and content packages (blog posts, though leadership op-eds, social posts/calendars, email/website copy, podcast/video scripts and whitepapers).
- Edit and help oversee editorial calendars — both for websites and social channels.
- Edit stories from freelancers and others for publication on the web.
- Develop and write short-form copy for social posts across multiple channels.
- Produce content in CMS such as WordPress.
- Manage analytics and reporting on web content.
- Contribute story ideas – from pitch to execution – for multiple digital platforms.
- Coordinate with other departments and teammates, such as art, media buying, social media and more.
About Weber Shandwick
Weber Shandwick is a leading global communications network that delivers next-generation solutions to brands, businesses, and organizations in major markets around the world. Led by world-class strategic and creative thinkers and activators, we have won some of the most prestigious awards in the industry. Weber Shandwick was named to Ad Age’s Agency A-List in 2020 and Best Places to Work in 2019. Weber Shandwick was also honored as PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018, and PRovoke’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2017 and 2019. The firm earned 25 Lions at the 2019 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity. Data-led, with earned ideas at the core, the agency deploys leading and emerging technologies to inform strategy, develop critical insights and heighten impact across sectors and specialty areas, including brand and B2B marketing, healthcare marketing, change management, employee engagement, corporate reputation, crisis management, data and analytics, technology, public affairs, social impact and financial communications. Weber Shandwick is part of the Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG). For more information, visit http://www.webershandwick.com
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.