Consumer Media Relations Intern (Fall 2021)
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Weber Shandwick Integrated Media Internship for Post Grads Fall 2021
Weber Shandwick isn’t just a PR agency. We’re the world’s largest engagement agency. And while, sure, we’ve won our fair share of awards, what we’re really proud of is the connected network of specialized experts we’ve built, each one skilled in earning attention and driving conversation. Our strength is in our people. In our teams. In the promise we’ve all made to “go beyond” for our clients, delivering not only strategic business objectives, but real value.
Weber Shandwick is home to experts across our four value-based communities: Client Experience, Content, Insights and Integrated Media.
Are you an awesome storyteller? If so, the Integrated Media team at Weber Shandwick wants you!
The Integrated Media team at Weber Shandwick blends our heritage of industry leading media relations with up-to-the-instant strategies, tools and skills to help news and information navigate the increasingly complex and volatile media environment. We think holistically, and collaborate seamlessly, to conquer today’s media environment through earned, owned and paid media.
We play different parts, bring different skills, but we are all storytellers.
As an integrated media intern you will work on a variety of tasks, including:
- Research and build strategic media lists
- Draft creative media pitches
- Build relationships with key media contacts
- Support a variety of projects with different client groups
- Participate and contribute to team brainstorms
- Be familiar with a variety of mainstream print/online media and social media platforms
- Perform well in an environment that values creative thinking skills
- Be eager for challenges and fosters new ideas
- Have strong oral, written and interpersonal skills while also organized and detail-oriented
- Have a BA or BS in a related field, with prior experience or a strong demonstrated interest in integrated media.
Bonus points for:
- Experience with earned media software tools (e.g., Cision)
- Previous experience developing media lists, crafting pitches and speaking with the media
Why Weber Shandwick:
Weber Shandwick’s full-time internship program is a paid opportunity for you to gain valuable experience supporting teams and helping clients solve business problems.
We aren’t going to have you pouring coffee and making copies for four months—instead, you’ll really dig into the work, become a critical member of your teams, and learn what it means to “go beyond” for your clients. By the end of your internship, you’ll have learned how to successfully operate in a major organization and be able to apply learnings to the rest of your career.
Through day-to-day client work and interactive trainings over the course of your internship, you’ll learn how to:
- Read and comprehend briefs, proposals and plans, and synthesize them for action.
- Write compelling materials for a variety of audiences.
- Think strategically about business issues.
- Present findings in an engaging way.
- And more! We offer intern trainings on topics ranging from preparedness, to video production, to insight development.
Weber Shandwick is dedicated not only to building brands, but to building careers. Our team is our most valuable asset, and we’re looking forward to seeing what you’ll bring to the family table.
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.