Director, Marketing and Business Development
New York, New York, United States
About United Minds
United Minds is a Weber Shandwick management consultancy that specializes in transformation, change management, employee engagement, and internal communications. Leveraging a deep bench of specialists, we work with leading global brands to deliver positive, lasting change by combining data-fueled strategy and creative communications solutions, engaging stakeholders in every part of the process.
About the Role
The Director of Marketing and Business Development will work with United Minds’ executive leadership team to accelerate and scale the company’s growth by driving brand-building strategies and managing day-to-day marketing and new business functions.
Marketing & Thought Leadership
- Develop and implement marketing and strategies, particularly in support of UM’s survey benchmark tools/products (i.e., Code+ify)
- Create and centralize a New Business content hub, including case studies, credentials and bios
- Design and develop UM capabilities, marketing tools and pitch/proposal materials
- Oversee brand strategy and create content for UM’s website and social media channels (LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.)
- Source and secure executive leadership visibility and speaking opportunities
- Organize and execute marketing events/webinars on behalf of the agency
- Collaborate on entries to key industry award programs
- Maintain pulse on market climate and competitive positioning
New Business Development
- Drive growth for UM’s survey benchmark tools/products by developing lead generation plans and strategies, including goals, metrics, best practices and processes to drive successful lead conversions
- In partnership with the Finance and Operations team, organize and leverage CRM system to track all pipeline leads, wins/losses and support outreach with target clients
- Develop and manage new business process, including development of RFP and RFI responses
- Create and implement new partnership approaches with sister agencies to strengthen Weber Shandwick’s integrated capabilities and offerings
- 6-8 years in marketing and business development positions; experience at a consultancy or communications/marketing agency is a plus
- Outstanding writing, presentation and communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with experience collaborating with cross-functional teams
- Familiarity with a wide range of social media platforms and community management and analytics tools
- Strong organizational, time management and project management skills
- Resourceful, self-motivated and entrepreneurial
- Ability to manage multiple projects at various stages simultaneously
- High degree of proficiency with MS Office suite of products including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.