SVP, Strategy (Health)
London, England, United Kingdom
Weber Shandwick Health, London are expanding and excited to be recruiting a Senior Strategic Planner to lead this discipline for our health practice and drive the development of insight-based creative ideas and impactful campaigns to support our healthcare clients’ communications and business objectives.
Working closely with our senior client leaders, this role will be responsible for developing and delivering on business driving communications strategies. Based in the planning and insight function of Weber Shandwick London, the ideal candidate will be an insightful thinker who loves to understand what drives HCPs and patients to act and is relentless about finding unexpected insights to drive health communications forward.
In this role, you will be involved in all elements of strategy including creating and analysing data and market trends, shaping market research, developing strategy and solving above brand and brand challenges.
This role will support both new business pitches, organic growth opportunities, and existing client work. Your primary responsibility will be focussed on our largest global client.
While supporting creative and commercial ambitions within the health team, you will also join and help shape the strategic community across the broader Weber Shandwick family
Key responsibilities include but not limited to:
- A trusted client advisor able to provide informed recommendations and counsel – especially when it conflicts with client perceptions
- Critical thinking/problem solver with demonstrable understanding of how to use research tools to uncover powerful insights that inspire great strategy and creative
- A curious mind – not satisfied with the status quo, goes beyond the obvious to develop fresh insights
- Deep business acumen with the ability to negotiate and define client business objectives, and translate them into marketing and comms objectives
- Has a clear vision for how strategic planning works through a comms lens
- Understands client’s business needs and how to deliver on their objectives and KPIs
- Understanding of consumers, patients, HCPs and influential audiences – what motivates, drives, inspires, influences
- Demonstrable team player and open to being flexible and nimble as we collectively build this ‘muscle’ across the agency and our clients.
Ideal Experience Required:
- The ideal candidate will likely have strong previous experience in marketing/communications strategy and planning ideally within a strategy department/communications environment specializing in strategic insight generation.
- Strong healthcare experience – pharma, HCP and the broader health agenda and understandings PR,
- High level of comfort with research techniques and resources and insight generation
- Demonstrated experience with analytics and analysing data
- Agility in working style – demonstrated ability to work against tight timelines, be nimble and to work collaboratively
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation communication skills with the capability to construct and support arguments
- Possess deep intellectual curiosity about culture, media, and technology, and how they affect human behaviour
- Be adept at distilling and simplifying compelling insights to craft creative briefs
- Committed to the highest standards of work quality.
- Be a team player with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to coach and develop others
- Be an ambassador for the company, live the values of the wider company and take time to build useful relationships within the company group (IPG)
Note From Talent Team
We appreciate the time take to apply for the role and your recent interest in Weber Shandwick. We will review all applications within five working days and be in touch with those who have been shortlisted to the next stage. Unfortunately, due to volume we are not able to get back to everyone individually so if you have not heard back from us unfortunately you have not been successful on this occasion and wish you all the best in your search.
At IPG DXTRA we are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.